[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do we think of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (84 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
image.png
84 KB, 316x316
So what do we think of this?
>>
>>64059503
Did it leak? Doesn't it come out tomorrow?
>>
7.6/10, imo.
>>
very disappointing
>>
>>64059503
Some really good songs (A line in the Sand, Dollar, Dollar and The Ministry of Defence) but overall worst than LES. 8/10 for me at the moment.
And the chorus of Near the Memorials is awful, what was she thinking?
Also, i read a lot about of the criticism she's getting for the lyrics in this album and i think no one is really getting the message behind this. She's talking to us as a privileged white person as we would talk if we took a ride through those affected areas. I really don't think she's a pretentious person, so that's my interpretation, and i think it's brilliant
>>
>>64059503
Just finished listening to it.

Sounds like LES 2: Electric Boogaloo, in the way the instrumentation sounds, with it's empowering choruses and choir backing. The album got better towards the end, as she started experimenting more (the sax on The Ministry of Social Affairs was great), and some of the songs early in the album stand out. The middle portion of the album was basically mediocre and could be seen as filler.

Overall, not bad, was holding my breath at first, but ended up enjoying it by the end. Too early to say if it's better than LES, however, it's far from being her best work.
>>
just did a listen through and chain of keys and all near the memorials suck. chain of keys isn't a bad song the live version she did last year was good but the way its recorded is bad. all near the memorials is awful though.
>>
>>64061158
I feel like chain of keys and the orange monkey should have been recorded differently and memorials should have just been scrapped its terrible.
>>
>>64059503

where can i listen to it?
>>
>>64061823
i dled it from what.cd
>>
>>64061823
slsk

I think I got a transcode though
>>
i haven't listened to it yet but i'm absolutely certain it will be fucking amazing
>>
>>64059503

community of hope is so fucking condescending.

Bitch please, there is nothing wrong with Wal-mart, we all can't afford whole foods you slag.

fuck this bitch
>>
>>64060600
>She's talking to us as a privileged white person as we would talk if we took a ride through those affected areas. I really don't think she's a pretentious person, so that's my interpretation, and i think it's brilliant

Do you hear that backpedalling?
>>
>>64062860

na all good i found a torrent.

its quite weird for me to listen to.
i come from a background of a diet of metal,
but i got into pj harvey for rid of me album,
big fan of the albini sound and rawness she had.
i'll have to listen to this a few times before i make up my mind.
>>
it sort ofreminds me of looking through a national geographic magazine but in musical form
>>
>>64063153
lol
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.