[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a pretty big deal guys http://www.rollingstone.com/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: grimesstory.png (47 KB, 1099x291) Image search: [Google]
grimesstory.png
47 KB, 1099x291
this is a pretty big deal guys

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-on-art-angels-follow-up-why-she-loves-tool-20160412

Asked by Rolling Stone about her feelings on Kesha’s lawsuit against producer Dr. Luke, Grimes said that she didn’t know enough to comment on that case specifically. But she had experienced producers threatening to hinder her career in exchange for what seems like sexual favors:

>I don't know enough about the specifics of that situation, because it seems very complicated. But I will say that I've been in numerous situations where male producers would literally be like, "We won't finish the song unless you come back to my hotel room." If I was younger or in a more financially desperate situation, maybe I would have done that. I don't think there are few female producers because women aren't interested. It's difficult for women to get in. It's a pretty hostile environment.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/grimes-on-art-angels-follow-up-why-she-loves-tool-20160412

>I will say that I’ve been in numerous situations where male producers would literally be like, “We won’t finish the song unless you come back to my hotel room.” If I was younger or in a more financially desperate situation, maybe I would have done that. I don’t think there are few female producers because women aren’t interested. It’s difficult for women to get in. It’s a pretty hostile environment.

>One time I was backstage at a show, and there was this random guy in my dressing room,” she said. “He just grabbed me and started making out with me, and I was like, Ah!, and pushed him off. Then he went, ‘Ha! I kiss-raped you’ and left.
>>
yeah anyone who thinks Ke$ha would intentionally sabotage her own career and humiliate herself on a national scale by "lying" about being raped is pretty fucking retarded
>>
why don't she drop names? is she afraid?
bet is someone like max martin, benny blanco or another shitty mainstream pop producer
>>
>“He just grabbed me and started making out with me, and I was like, Ah!, and pushed him off. Then he went, ‘Ha! I kiss-raped you’ and left.

Sounds like shitty Fanfiction
who the fuck says this shit?
>>
>>64059314
dorks
>>
Rolling Stone is so bad
>>
>I will say that I’ve been in numerous situations where male producers would literally be like, “We won’t finish the song unless you come back to my hotel room.” If I was younger or in a more financially desperate situation, maybe I would have done that. I don’t think there are few female producers because women aren’t interested. It’s difficult for women to get in. It’s a pretty hostile environment.
Objectively false.
>>
>>64059314
you can't imagine a /mu/tant doing that?
>>
>>64059334
Ha! I kiss-raped you

cmon who the fuck would say something like that
>>
>>64059365
dorks
>>
>>64059375
why didn't she tell the bodyguards in the venue to beat this guy up?
>>
>>64059349
hi Dr Luke
didn't know you browse /mu/
>>
>>64059392
because she's a fairy princess who would never do such a thing
>>
>>64059314
99% of r9k
>>
>He just grabbed me and started making out with me, and I was like, Ah!, and pushed him off. Then he went, ‘Ha! I kiss-raped you’ and left.
top kek

how much you wanna bet that sperg was one of us
>>
>>64059392
>implying the bodyguards don't work for him or his studio
>>
>>64059310
>why don't she drop names? is she afraid?

Isn't there a "Larkin BTFO/Based Cowboy hat Gira xD" thread that you should be shitposting in right now?
>>
so no one's gonna address the REAL shocking thing about this, which is the shameful confession about liking Tool?

don't tell me /mu/ will defend this
>>
Now here's a thread to not get involved in.

Actually, think I'll pop my head in 50 posts down the line to see how deep the cesspool becomes.
>>
>>64059435
>not liking Tool
pleb
>>
>>64059435
who cares about tool. Some Autist got away with saying "Ha! I kiss-raped you"
I want him dead
>>
>>64059457
>liking prog nü metal
>calling others pleb

p i c c 1
i
c
c
>>
>>64059435
Weak bait
>>
>>64059435
Haven't read the article, but maybe Grimes just got confused and thought they were talking about cock?
>>
File: scaruffisaysdifferent.png (47 KB, 313x554) Image search: [Google]
scaruffisaysdifferent.png
47 KB, 313x554
>>64059435
sorry to humiliate you like this
>>
>Instrumentally and vocally, they go to a ton of weird places. And I love the dynamic range, too. They're so artsy, but also populist. I try to live by the sonic principles of Tool.
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64059299
>getting tons of press and attention and staying relevant is "sabotage"
>>
>>64059544
>It worked for britney!
>>
>>64059544
you're a mong if you don't realize how it has hurt her career

press and attention are good... if you're actually able to put out music
>>
>>64059644
So she misjudged the effect this would have and got burned, doesn't mean she wasn't lying
>>
>>64059644
shes playing a fucking festival with bob dylan you tard, no way this would have happened if she didn't make the accusation
>>
grimes is too ugly for either of those things to be real
>>
>>64059689
how is that not a negative consequence? I'd rather die than have to share a stage with dylan fuck
>>
>>64059392
the bodygaurds are all men and they want to help rape her too
>>
>>64059712
please do die, no one will care
>>
the redpillers have arrived

this is now officially a party
>>
File: 1453616008179.jpg (81 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1453616008179.jpg
81 KB, 960x720
>>64059712
I don't care if you're memeing, I despise you.
>>
>>64059731
damn.... can't trust anyone these days
guess grimes needs to get some female bodyguards requested at every show
>>
>>64059230
> I've been in numerous situations where male producers would literally be like, "We won't finish the song unless you come back to my hotel room."
I wouldn't be surprised if they really did have the intention to sleep with grimes.

>One time I was backstage at a show, and there was this random guy in my dressing room,” she said. “He just grabbed me and started making out with me, and I was like, Ah!, and pushed him off. Then he went, ‘Ha! I kiss-raped you’ and left.
this is what happens when youre a small feminist who doesn't like to have males around helping you.
>>
Who the hell would want sexual favours from Grimes?
>>
pretty typical you ask me
>>
>>64059314
If grimes was lying why would she say something so flat. The guy was probably a sperg
>>
>>64059409
90% of /r9k/ would be at home on /r9k/ the other 10% would say "s-sorry".
>>
>>64060022
grimes is the definition of flat
>>
>>64060038
i'm r9k and i kiss raped a cute chubby blonde girl last year. she was a popular girl too, wasn't one of the girls you can just message on plenty of fish and get to suck your dick and feel guilty about after. i asked her out for lunch but didn't say it was a date, thought she thought it was. plus she was really dressed up and had makeup on even though we just went to get chinese food on campus. then after i walked her back to her down i made out with her. she looked really flustered but was smiling and doing a nervous giggle. turned out she had a boyfriend in the navy
>>
>>64060135
ooh, bro you gonna get your ass kicked
>>
>>64060213
this was over a year ago. also, about half a year before that i drove down to visit my ex girlfriend from highschool and we made out in the car and turned out she was fucking married?? i ended up just giving up on girls
>>
>>64060135
did you say "ha! kissed raped you" afterwards?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.