[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we talk about this album and why it's literally the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
can we talk about this album and why it's literally the best album of the past 10 years
>>
Haha haha haha

That's not even the best dnb album of the last ten years
>>
Pendulum is nice Mt.Dew-core but I can tell that OP is drinking too much of it
>>
>>64057566
literally one of the funniest albums ive ever heard
>>
File: 6br.jpg (45 KB, 514x688) Image search: [Google]
6br.jpg
45 KB, 514x688
Is drum and bass one of the most unintentionally hilarious genres?
>>
It's really good but bleepfags are too autistic, this thread will be shitposted to hell and back.

Also tbf they degenerated into crossover trash afterwards, which kind of retroactively ruined what reputation they had.
>>
>>64058849
i honestly don't think rob swire's work was ever really bad

just distateful
>>
plasticworld is my fucking shit
>>
>>64058908
why distasteful

pendulum's albums you can just listen to over and over and hear something new everytime
>>
>>64058908
I admit to not really knowing a whole lot about dnb, maybe they were shameless trendhoppers from the start. But I've never really heard an album quite like HYC. I love the way the dnb influence and the pop sensibilities come together.

Whereas In Silico is essentially "yo kids imagine if Muse made EDM that'd be well cool innit" and Immersion is just a fucking blind dick thrusting into space
>>
File: 1455671704198.png (17 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
1455671704198.png
17 KB, 573x609
>>64059036
>blind dick thrusting into space
>>
>>64058816
when it's done better than this, no
>>64059036
it's not so much that they were shameless trendhoppers so much as they made stuff that was generic as fuck. still decent for party music, but for dnb they're basically the equivalent of that jamie xx album from last year, watered down and nothing new.
>>
>>64058980
i meant knife party, some shit on immersion
>>
>>64059477
Which is a damn shame because I think Rob Swire is, musically, hugely talented.
>>
>>64059569
I wouldn't know since this stuff was mediocre enough to kill any desire I'd have too look into anything else he's done
>>
It's not the best album of the past 10 years.
It's not even an album of the past 10 years.
It came out in 2005.
You donkey.
>>
>waaaah why is my bleep so underground :(
>bleep album has mainstream success
>MUH WATERED DOWN CROSSOVER SHIT
>WAAAAH FAT OF THE LAND WAAAAH DISCOVERY WAAAAH HOLD YOUR COLOUR SELLOUT SHIT WOULD NOT LISTEN

every bleepfag ever. Literally more autistic than metal fans
>>
>>64059687
maybe it's because it's actually not good
for example, fat of the land is decent for what it is. hold your color and the album this thread is focused on are not.
>>
>>64059717
>decent for what it is

embarrassing. see? at least metal fans are generally somewhat proud of the milestones of the genre and the times when they actually had an impact on popular culture.
>>
>>64059761
why should I care about cultural impact over my enjoyment of the music m8
>>
>>64059477
>pendulum's albums are "nothing new"

come on rofl

what other dnb bands are as creative as pendulum were/hopefully will be with their new album this year
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.