[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to them /mu/? They used to be a pretty decent band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
What happened to them /mu/? They used to be a pretty decent band that had a lot of catchy tunes and some even meaningful ones too. Now all of their music is made for radio garbage that has as basic as basic can be writing and overly bland instrumentation. I miss the old Arctic Monkeys .
>>
is that adam sandler on the cover
>>
>>64056209
>hahaha lel, he fell for the anything that's not an obscure patrician record that has less than 1000 ratings on RYM can be good meme
>>
>>64056209
gotta pay the bills and fuck 10/10 girls
I'd do the same tbqh
>>
>>64056209
they became redditcore
>>
File: up-homme_lrg.jpg (36 KB, 460x356) Image search: [Google]
up-homme_lrg.jpg
36 KB, 460x356
Honestly? I blame Josh Homme for everything that sucks about them now.

First two albums are rock solid, right? Humbug comes out, it's a little different, but still pretty cool. That's because Josh Homme produced it. Alright.

Then he decides to leave them alone, and they stay on this trajectory, but on their own they completely miss the mark on what made their new sound cool to begin with. Which brings us to the pile of samey moody trash that is AM.

I love Josh but he fucking ruined Arctic Monkeys.
>>
they had a great album (the debut) one or two solid follow ups then didn't have the creativity or songwriting chops to make more truly great music so they've just been playing drawn out neo-britpop ever since.
>>
This drives me nuts about /mu/. Nothing on pic related is more complicated than AM. They are roughly the same level of musical complexity. You would know that if you knew anything about music.
>>
>>64056349
I know :( Its frustrating whenever I see their name on some girl's Facebook or Insta going on about how fucking great R u mine? Is or Do I wanna Know? Its all shitty music for shitty people.
>>
>>64056521
There was at least some sort of originality and their songs were waaay more creative on earlier releases.
>>
>>64056584
I don't see how. Maybe lyrics in a way but the music itself is of the same caliber.
>>
>>64056326
ugh, namefag and tripfag, this board is cancer.
>>
>>64056770
U G H
>>
>>64056667
Maybe this can be said for a few of their pre AM songs (especially on Favourite Worst Nightmare) but for the majority the music was definitely more complex and didn't have the same fucking kick+high hat+generic baseline like every goddamn song on AM
>>
File: everything-youve-come-to-expect.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
everything-youve-come-to-expect.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
this was pretty good
>>
>not knowing Humbug is the superior album

Feel real bad for you guys
>>
>>64056949
Humbug is great
>>
>>64056949
Humbug is their best album, I agree
>>
>>64056891
Listened to it and watched the video. Bland as fuck man. Literally nothing stuck out to me. Maybe I'm missing something? I'll give it another listen but shit man, that was a snooze. Grill in the vid was fucking hot though
>>
>>64057284
Theres some solid songs, its a great listen but I cant hold it to a higher standard than the age of the understatement. Gonna see them next week though so Im pretty hype
>>
>>64056361
humbug's their best album though
>>
>>64058026
Yo I didn't say Humbug was bad. I quite liked it. But it set them on a trajectory outside their comfort zone and they've been cruising on mediocre attempts to recreate it on their own since then.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.