[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a producer and I'd like to play my music in a live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1438511639423.jpg (613 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1438511639423.jpg
613 KB, 1280x1920
I'm a producer and I'd like to play my music in a live setting, maybe supporting some other band or something. But I'm not interested in being a dj and playing other peoples music. I just want to play my own. Is it okay if I just show up with a laptop and press play? Is that what other producers do to perform live? I don't have any proper equipment, but when I save up some money, what would you recommend I start with getting? I was thinking I should try to mix the songs live, but all my songs have something like at least 15 tracks. That's an expensive mixer to buy right? Plus I've spend a whole bunch of time mixing at home and finding out what I think is the nicest progression for the tracks etc. Is there any point in doing anything other than pressing play?
>>
producers don't "perform live"
>>
at the least you could get a midi controller with some knobs tied to filter cutoff so you can look like you are doing something
>>
>>64051889
Are you saying that they shouldn't bother? Or that they actually don't do anything apart from press play? There are famous producers that perform live aren't there? What do they do?
>>
>>64052163
>There are famous producers that perform live aren't there?
I can't think of any that don't at least pretend to DJ
>>
>>64051820
who is this lubin' nubian?
>>
Watch this Baths how-to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpZScE07x8o

Buy a MPD/Launchpad/LPD/midi keyboard and map them to some your effects and figure out how few tracks you can make your songs. e.g. drums, vocals, guitar and other stuff then use midi mapping to control those in real time.

For your set you can arrange it before or create loops you can move through. Don't just press play on a laptop, people might throw tomatoes at you.
>>
>>64052432
This thread is now about her.

http://thebskimag.com/stories/valyn-by-antigua-samuelson/
>>
File: 1428680390180.png (191 KB, 426x628) Image search: [Google]
1428680390180.png
191 KB, 426x628
>>64052595
thank you anon
>>
>>64051820
What you are doing is not a performance. It would be like John Williams showing up to amphitheater with a laptop. You people are a joke.
>>
>>64051820
>Is it okay if I just show up with a laptop and press play?
I can't believe I just read it with my own two eyes.
>>
just become a dj or learn to perform with midi instruments. Honestly i was gonna go the route of "Producer who reproduces tracks live" but its so fucking hard AND you end up just DJing your tracks together. So it makes more sense to just become a DJ. You'll honestly have a lot of opportunity as a DJ, guys like Ryan Hemsworth just dj their on tracks and control the lighting, so its not even weird to be a producer who just mixes his tracks live anymore.
>>
>>64052595
>that cigarette
dropped
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.