[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into Swans? I've listened to a few tracks from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
How do I get into Swans? I've listened to a few tracks from SftB, Seer, To be Kind and The Burning World. I like the music and instrumentation quite a lot but the mood, tone and themes drive me away. Normally I like dark shit but it's all so bleak and honest, like the opposite of escapism.
>>
There's that flowchart on the wiki
>>
File: KuronekoLEL.jpg (20 KB, 255x502) Image search: [Google]
KuronekoLEL.jpg
20 KB, 255x502
>escapism
pleb
>>
>>64050497
I've already looked at it. Doesn't really help since I already have an idea of what each album sounds like.

>>64050513
I'm interested in how you figure escapism is for plebs. Please elaborate.
>>
well honestly if it's the themes and moods that are driving you away from swans then it's kind of difficult to imagine you really loving their music.

try white light from the mouth of infinity, the great annihilator and children of god. maybe try michael gira's neofolk project the angels of light, who are incredible in their own right.
>>
>>64050473
Just pass out drunk near Gira and Swans will get into you
>>
File: WewWew.jpg (45 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
WewWew.jpg
45 KB, 600x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hI5Eg6Ias4
>>
>>64050609
I like Angels of Light.

Just listened to this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWStaRmuXzY
and it was good. I guess they're just not vibing with me and that's okay.
>>
>>64050561
Then listens to it
>>
>>64050807
what the whole flowchart?
>>
>>64050653
Kinda boring desu semenpai
>>
>>64050909
Then you probably won't like any of their other stuff
>>
>>64050935
Nope.

I love early and new Swans, but don't care about CoG.
>>
>>64051426
yeah Children of God is a weird one, it's often called their best album but i like almost everything before and after more. it's like this midway point between their repetitive industrial shit and more post-rock shit, and exists in a weird space where it's neither brutal or beautiful, just kinda, understated. still good tho.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.