[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a deaf guy who just got a fresh cochlear implant. Wanted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1459745215038.jpg (36 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1459745215038.jpg
36 KB, 599x337
I'm a deaf guy who just got a fresh cochlear implant. Wanted to know what entry level music I should try out. People recommend coldplay. Are they good?
>>
If regret is what you're looking for
>>
they are a shitty U2 and Radiohead ripoff. just listen to their Joshua Tree and OK Computer instead. Beatles are probably the best entry level for popular music anyway.

Satie and Pachelbel's Canon are good for starting with classical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2DbU5Uq-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu5TlSXEzzs
>>
did you really or are you just lying
>>
>>64049922
I'm really happy for you, I'd kill myself if I lost my sense of hearing. Unfortunately I can't rec you anything because I don't know what you like, maybe you should go to another place, /mu/ is very toxic and no, Coldplay are not good. Try Close To The Edge by Yes.
>>
You should listen to pic related so you can become a patrician right away.
>>
Listen to the essentials of the /mu/core chart. desu. Then branch off from there.

No matter how often people bash the chart I think it's an extremely great place to start for people looking to at least take an interest in music.
>>
File: 1457448124008.jpg (336 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1457448124008.jpg
336 KB, 680x680
I made a small collage of recs for you. All are highly conducive to tactile acoustic sensations, great for new ears. Welcome to music, friendo! :)
>>
>>64050123
No. I really am deaf. My only exposure to music has been through my hearing friends, jojo's bizarre adventures, and pop culture.

>>64050132

What the hell is that fuckery. I've seen it all over 4chan. I frequent a, m, v, pol, and sci plus sp.
>>
>>64050138
>never heard music
>let's start him off with some cacophonous noise
>>
>>64050332
>What is this fuckery

A legitimately good album. It's just been unfortunately memed.
>>
>>64050332
>What the hell is that fuckery
Just listen to it
Trust me, it's Unironically good despite all the memes
>>
>>64050416
>>64050431
wew lad
>>
>>64050332
It's actually a good album that went full meme around here. I'm pretty new but have it a shot and it's a damn good record. Also, check some of Bowie's work since it spans so many decades and genres, that can give you a good feel for different sounds and he's very good too. I love his newest album and it's my AOTY pick
>>
>>64050385
There's literally no album on there that's cacophonous noise.
>>
>>64049922
Here you go, OP...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7kBmaPmR_Zg

And congratulations!
>>
music sounds like shit on cochlear implants
just listen to something rhythmically interesting
>>
>>64050469
That would be a matter of perspective. It may not be "Noise", but it would hardly be the first thing that i'd want to grace my eardrums lol
>>
>>64050532
But why? You don't even know what it sounds like.
>>
I have cochlear implants too, i got them at a much younger age though. Id recommend just listening to whatever interests you. Don't be surprised if you dont end up enjoying a lot of music -- it took me about 3-4 years of being intensely into music to actually know what to pay attention to while listening to music.
I'd recommend looking into accessible but engaging music, such as radiohead's the bends and ok computer.
Also if youre into vidya gaemz, playing gta is what got me to start listening to and enjoying music. Make sure to turn the sound effects down and the radio volume up though to properly hear the music
>>
>>64050553
I'm not OP. I'm someone who has heard most of the music on that list, and I'm trying to spare OP from subjecting himself to it.
>>
Unironically start with /mu/core
>>
Beach House - Bloom

Kinda laid back, but shows off some pleasant sounds.
>>
File: 1446688138848.png (266 KB, 368x657) Image search: [Google]
1446688138848.png
266 KB, 368x657
>>64050625
But anon, all of those albums are extended good.
>>
>>64050625
>>64050738
*extremely
>>
>>64050608
You too? I originally got one when I was 7. But after I got out of hs, kinda had a long break until recently got a new model. So yea here I am. I do agree that the older models sucked, couldn't process what people are saying at full speed.
>>
File: 1458550521249.jpg (181 KB, 1056x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458550521249.jpg
181 KB, 1056x1080
>>64050738
But anon, you have terrible taste
>>
>>64050777
"no"
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.