[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ what's a good cheap record player to buy? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: CR6003A_side.jpg (55 KB, 800x713) Image search: [Google]
CR6003A_side.jpg
55 KB, 800x713
Hey /mu/ what's a good cheap record player to buy? There's one on Amazon for $50 but I'm not sure if its good or not.
>>
I got my numark for 100 and I have been pretty happy with it
>>
Get ready to trigger the vinylfags of /mu/
>>
its good
>>
>>64049909
crosley is great get one of those
>>
If you want cheap get a numark
>>
Get crosley
>>
File: 1450223422467.jpg (471 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1450223422467.jpg
471 KB, 5000x5000
>not sure if a $50 piece of plastic shit box is good or not

can you like for like one second, just like not be an anti intellectual fuckwit?
>>
File: picture.jpg (1 MB, 1693x1553) Image search: [Google]
picture.jpg
1 MB, 1693x1553
>>
>>64049909
I'm not gonna bust your balls but you shouldn't even consider buying a turntable unless you have at least $200 to spend if you're buying new. Then you'll need an amp/receiver and speakers.
>>
Hey Montie your time to shine lol
>>
i have a question for anyone out there
ive had my stanton t.62 for a few years now and its held up nicely
i recently set up new speakers and was wondering if an upgraded cart would improve the sound substantially.
keep in mind i still have the cart the t.62 came with
>>
>>64049909
Buying a cheap record player is like buying cheap over ear headphones. You get what you pay for and if you want something worth while you're going to have to drop a lot but it will last for years
>>
File: crosley.png (126 KB, 320x375) Image search: [Google]
crosley.png
126 KB, 320x375
Hello, /mu/. I'm Powel Crosley, Jr., founder of the Crosley Radio Corporation. I hear this board has some very unsavory things to say about my company's turntables. Now let me tell you, with the most open-hearted sincerity and respect, that you need to shut the fuck up. Don't ever slander my company name or its products ever again, y'hear? I swear to fucking Christ, if I hear ONE word escape your pathetic loser mouths that is in any way negatively connection to the Crosley turntable setup, I will rain down upon you with such inconceivable disregard for mercy man has ever witnessed. You will rue the day that the name Crosley ever associated with anything below perfection in your puny little mind. I will END YOUR FUCKING LIFE YOU STUPID FUCKING MAGGOTS, and you can be sure as shit that any place that sells my products will turn you away, providing you even leave your tiny studio apartment, you fucking asswipes. YOU'RE DEAD, HEAR? DEAD! YOU DO NOT INSULT CROSLEY!!! I WILL BRUTALLY MURDER EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY IF YOU DARE TAKE MY NAME IN VAIN! MARK MY FUCKING WORDS YOU WORTHLESS SCUM PILE!!!
I
WILL
FUCKING
END
YOU
>>
>>64050481
too bad they sold his company after he died and now it just makes chinese toy turntables
>>
File: 1460032238067.jpg (39 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460032238067.jpg
39 KB, 250x250
>>64049972
>this much autism
>>
>>64049909
hey op. As the owner of a crosley record player (my idiotic aunt bought it when I was in high school and now I'm too poor to buy a new one), I need to tell you:

AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS

They scratch your records, skip around ceaselessly. Half of my LPs are literally unplayable. The sound is awful and does no justice to vinyl as a medium. If you spend $50 on a Crosley you just threw $50 in the trash becuase after a couple months of use you'll end up forking over the $100+ for whatever other player you decide on that actually makes music worth listening to.

Best of luck
>>
OP here, seems like it would be better if I save up for one that's over $100 since others are telling me the crosley ones aren't worth it
>>
The project elemental is pretty cheap and decent quality for an entry-level turntable
>>
>>64049909
It's gonna ruin ur records dont buy that shit. Just save up a little bit it'll be worth it. I use an audiotechnica something
>>
Look for a used one of craigslist. Don't buy a shitty cheap new one.
>>
listening to my steepletone st929, present decent and fairly cheap
>>
>>64049909

Crosley are the best and they look cool af.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.