[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu opinion on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Justice_-_Cross_(2007).jpg (7 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
Justice_-_Cross_(2007).jpg
7 KB, 300x301
What's /mu opinion on this?
>>
Sounds outdated by now, like most of the Ed Banger stuff. Was unique back in the day during the whole blog-house hype.
>>
>>64049644
This
>>
>>64049644
What makes you think it sounds outdated? The only aspect that sounds outdated to me is the hypercompression.
>>
>>64049644
Doesn't sound "outdated" at all.
>>
>>64049620
Let me just say this. People always criticize Thhheee Paaarrty on here but it's one of my favorites.
>>
>>64049803

The whole combining rock/punk aesthetic with dance music. Look up Ed Banger during its hey day, they all have that vibe going on.
>>
>>64049870
People have been doing this since the late 70s and early 80s, it's not just a phase, it's an aesthetic that here to stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtXEPDuxAY
>>
>>64049620
Taking back sunday is better tbqh
>>
>>64049803
>>64049815

It sounds like something that came out in 2007
>>
Their live album is Alive 2007-tier
>>
>>64049917

Doesn't stop it from sounding outdated. Outdated doesn't mean it's bad. Trance music and breakbeats sound outdated too.
>>
>>64049869
Agreed. I can see why people got pissed off by Uffie, she sounds like an actual bitch at first but the track gets better after several listens
>>
>>64050024
People thought disco sounded outdated until it's unexpected comeback in 2013. Don't always be so quick to judge.
>>
>>64049620
One of my favorites 2000s Electronic Album. all the sound textures, strings, and reverb is pretty amazing. and song structures are really great.
>>
>>64050102
Disco still sounds very outdated so I don't know what your point is
>>
>>64050016
it's not even close. Alive 2007 is way, way better
>>
>>64049644
most of their stuff sounds pretty basic and not very interesting now, i relate them to tv adverts now for some reason, they just sound mediocre
>>
>>64050152

>reverb

lol
>>
>>64050183
No m8, disco is timeless.
>>
>>64049803

Sound compression is only the MOST outdated thing going on, the originally intended dirtyness is not as impactful as it used to be
Other things have also aged poorly, like 70% of the sounds (especially the mf claps), the glitchy/skippy features in the majority of the tracks
Still, it's an enjoyable album today and it will forever be (maybe), the basslines are always remarkable
>>
I think it's a fantastic album. One of my 10/10s personally.
I'm interested to hear what they have in store for the next release. If they can take this album and successfully keep the sound up to date, we're in for a real treat.
>>
>>64050394
Have you heard their second album Audio Video Disco?
>>
>>64050394

You are aware that Audio, Video, Disco exists or is it so bad that you ignore it?
>>
>>64050438
i-it's not that bad imo desu. I thought it was pretty good
>>
>>64050421
>>64050438
When did I imply I've never heard of it? I didn't like it that much compared to AVD. I'm hoping they take more ideas from cross than AVD.
>>
>>64050651
It just came across that way from how I read your post.

I think it will definitely be interesting. I think they'll try and do something different again, like they did with AVD. Whether it'll work or not I don't know, but it'll definitely be interesting.
>>
Alright producers that helped popularize mainstream edm in the late 2000s by bridging the gap between dance and rock but never really created anything truly unique or memorable. their sound is really simplistic and is a watered down version of both. their "concerts" are all prerecorded and they fall into the hype-faux dj catergory as they were busted multiple times pretending to djing while their equipment wasnt even plugged in.
>>
File: justice_fake.jpg (37 KB, 441x291) Image search: [Google]
justice_fake.jpg
37 KB, 441x291
>>64051123
>we dj now
>>
>>64051160
Wow that's pretty lame. Lost a bit of respect for them.
>>
>>64049620
The album will most likely go down as somewhat of a classic. It was the most singular thing that came out of that movement.
>>
>>64051123

>their "concerts" are all prerecorded and they fall into the hype-faux dj catergory as they were busted multiple times pretending to djing while their equipment wasnt even plugged in.

What the fuck are you on about? Every dance music artist plays pre-recorded stuff. Absolutely no one creates music on the spot, the most they'll do is remix songs. Also Justice were an iconic live band that you just had to see during their hey day in 2008. Yes, they were more style over substance but their live sets were intense.
>>
>>64051160
>>64051179
The story is yeah it wasn't set up but they, most likely Xavier, soon noticed and sorted it out
>>
>>64050699
I'm hyped either way. I liked both albums. I just think it would be hard for them to do either of the two things they've tried again. French Electro House isn't really relevant anymore.
>>
>>64051203
>Every dance music artist plays pre-recorded stuff.
A prerecorded set in the world of dance music is when they do the entire set at home and mix everything perfectly to make 1 long sound file that they play when live. DJing is mixing one song into the other live, and there's a lot of other things you can do while live; like sampling and looping that goes beyond a simple remix. Justice never did any of this during their concerts.

I've never been a justice show but 2006-2010 was my hey-dey for clubs and parties and I can say with absolute certainty they were nothing special live.
>>
File: French House Duos.png (107 KB, 687x253) Image search: [Google]
French House Duos.png
107 KB, 687x253
>>
>>64051486

>Justice never did any of this during their concerts.

That's not true. They have two live albums where you can hear all that stuff you've just described. If they're doing it live is another thing but there's no way to prove it either way.

>I can say with absolute certainty they were nothing special live

The buzz they had back then was insane. They attracted major pop stars to their shows like Kanye West and RHCP. Maybe it was the illuminated cross and the wall of marshall speakers.
>>
>>64051520

Discovery came out like 15 years ago and still sounds fresh today. Bites from that album still get regularly sampled.
>>
>>64049869
yeah i love that song, one of my favorites off the album
>>
>>64051486

>
I've never been a justice show but 2006-2010 was my hey-dey for clubs and parties and I can say with absolute certainty they were nothing special live.

you're obviously someone who's very full of shit

I saw Justice live in 2012 and it was still pretty fantastic, one of the best live experiences I've ever had.
>>
>>64051520
air is not fucking house music
>>
>>64051581
I became much less fond of discovery when I realised it's mostly samples, not original work
Since I Left You is mostly sample based, but the combination of samples makes it far more challenging to make and interesting to listen to if you know the sample sources.
Daft Punk often change the pitch slightly and loop songs, there's not much different to vaporwave really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZRNq33Obk
>>
>>64051555
>buzz
>pop stars
>kanye west
>>64051738
>full of shit

Look, they're really nothing special. maybe for "rock" fans it's exciting cause you feel like you're stepping outside your audio comfort zone for the first time but if you'd been going to clubs and listening to actual house music for years you'd have already been tired of that dirty electro fad by the time justice got popular.
>>
>>64051520
Listening to Moon Safari. It sounds nothing like Daft Punk or Justice. It's not bad, it's just not comparable.
>>
>>64051894
if you want some real "french house" check our laurent garnier or even vitalic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFD7fz8fWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGyj9sMwd38
>>
>>64051880
Face to Face is a very complex sampling job, though I agree that songs like One More Time are very simple.

Still, the skill has more to do with finding the right samples than it is manipulating them.
>>
>>64052038
Agreed here, which is one of the reasons I think floral shoppe is too slated
>>
>>64051947
>>64051756
agreed I dont understand why this image keeps getting posted. The only thing it has in common is that it uses a lot of electronics and is French I guess
>>
>>64051880

You didn't know Discovery was mostly samples? It's house so there's sampling.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.