[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is record store day just a giant scam /mu/ or is it legitimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 210x210
Is record store day just a giant scam /mu/ or is it legitimately worth it? I'm contemplating if I should go since I've never gone. Additionally I've looked through the catalogue and there's literally nothing I want. Should I even make the effort to go there nevermind early?
>>
Sure it is but hey, you get extra hipster cred for supporting your store and your favorite artists
>>
>>64049270
I feel like in my situation, the negatives far outweigh the positives
>>
>>64049189
I feel like everyone knows it's a scam, it's a giant sales pitch, no one cares.

if there's "literally nothing" you want, then why would you?
>>
>>64049189
Only getting 808 State - Pacific desu
>>
>>64049280
just go if they're having a sale or something, chances are there might be and the rest are just waiting in line to scalp. Go get your favorite album then
>>
just go in the afternoon. the stuff I'm interested in are usually still left over.
>>
>>64049344
for the lulz and the experience
>>64049349
ah yeah the thing is I've already binged on some records and cds and plan not to buy anymore soon...I don't even know why I made this thread
>>
NERD
>>
>>64049359
I remember I went like a week after and there was tonnes of slayer and bruce springsteen
>>
>>64049189
It was started with good intentions for independent lables but it's become so commercialized. Oh well.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 357x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 357x313
>>64049446
>>
>>64049189
I go but there's nothing linked to RSD I usually want, or it's too expensive. I just shop how I normally would.
Some people get way too vicious in response to RSD. Let the hipsters have their day.
>>
>>64049454
Plus that stupid chart floating around about how vinyl sales made more than streaming doesn't help.

>$50 for The Wall
gee I wonder why
>>
ebay scalper day
>>
>>64049189
Yes, it's a giant scam.

Participating stores are pushed into buying large amounts of stock in the hopes that they get enough of the records that people will actually want.

But not only are the prices to stores marked up ridiculously high but they are also unable to return stock, so inevitably after every RSD smaller stores are left with piles of shitty reissue records that nobody wants.

Also, it's impossible to get anything pressed this time of year because the companies that do pressings are all busy pumping out fucking U2 or Mumford and Sons.
>>
>>64049469
hmmm where I live we don't have that many hipsters desu
>>
>>64049498
I think vinyl in general is just a giant cashgrab ESPECIALLY if the artists is memefork famous or famous in general. I don't really care all that mich about the sound superiority complex as I see the cost far outweighing the enjoyment of the music but for some reason I just want to experience RSD idk it's weird
>>
>>64049189
If you don't want anything from the list it's not worth participating. I'm picking up the Kings of convenience vinyl re-issue because it's a 7/10 record. Oh and a few more but not that many.
>>
>>64049189
it is.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.