[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of Odd Future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
When did you grow out of Odd Future?
>>
I'm glad to say I never liked them
>>
Never
>>
I didn't even know what they were until 2015. Ive seen the ofwta or something like that but didn't know what it was.
>>
Even in my sophomore year of HS when everyone had OFWGKTA on their shirts I thought it was fucking stupid.
>>
Only people I like from future are The Internet and Frank Ocean
>>
When goblin came out
>>
>>64048496
Junior year of Highschool

And I have no shame for liking them at one point in my life
>>
their hype died down fast as fuck

it lasted from like 2012 to early 2014
>>
>>64048577
This. Ego Death and Channel Orange are my shit
>>
>>64048508
This, but yesterday I listened to some random tracks by Tyler, some of them are pretty good.
>>
I found about Earl Sweatshirt in 2010, and then listened to Tyler for like a year. I grew out of Odd Future when he released Goblin, all without the verve of his original album.

Earl's still pretty awesome, though.
>>
8th grade.

Not joking.
>>
The only album I've cared about from anybody in this collective was Earl's most recent.
>>
I don't grow out of music. If I've enjoyed music at some point in my life then I can still enjoy it now.

I was a hardcore fan starting around end of summer of 2010 and thought everything they had was amazing. By 2013 though they stopped being great and their output since has been mostly lazy aside from Tyler and The Internet everyone else seems like they don't really care and it shows in their music.

Earl's albums are good but you can't deny that their lazy.

Hodgy, Domo, Mike G seem to put very little effort into what they release.

Frank apparently died in 2012.
>>
>>64048496
when I turned 17
>>
Are they literally the nu metal of hip hop?
>>
>>64048556
>look at how enlightened I am!!!
the beta in this post makes me sick
>>
>>
I never liked any of them except for Earl, and I still dig him.
>>
>>64048496
Didn't have to, they grew out of themselves.
>>
>>64049459
was about to say this

i dont hate them or anything now, i just cant listen to a tyler or odd future album now without getting bored. im just not interested in that type of music anymore
>>
freshmen year around december got realllllly into bastard and then later that year wolf and doris dropped so that was the height of my interest
by october of my sophomore year i stopped listening to OF
>>
were they not being ironic?
>>
I'd rather be the manchild I am than be one of you barely legal highschool twerps
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.