[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it smart or stupid of Prince to not have his music easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: prince.jpg (29 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
prince.jpg
29 KB, 460x276
Is it smart or stupid of Prince to not have his music easily available on the internet? Seems like a lot of people should know him but don't because he refuses to put his music on Youtube/Spotify etc.
>>
Yep, that's retarded.

Reminder that there was a time when he was one of the biggest pop stars in the industry.
>>
it is neither smart nor stupid. it is his personal choice. if he were an emerging artist attempting to build a fanbase, of course it would be unwise to have your music absent from most streaming services.

but prince is an established pop musician and his cd's, records, and tapes are very easy to find.
>>
>>64044394
You should go bash Prince as a form of intimidation to make him change his mind.
>>
>>64044394
Retarded from a career perspective. I think a lot of people today are simply only peripherally aware of his existence when he used to be one the biggest ever.
>>
>>64044434
>if he were an emerging artist attempting to build a fan base
every artist is still building their fan base and their legacy up until the day they die. there is no finish line. by not putting his shit on the internet he's relegating himself to the distant past. it is fucking grouchy old man, greedy bullshit, nothing more.
>>
It's smart as fuck. Now every time he makes an appearance people treat him like he's a god.
>>
I think he's famous enough that he doesn't need the few pennies per play that Spotify pays artists.
>>
idgaf

i got tidal and they give me a student discount so its only 5 bux a month so i couldn't care less family. I get to have prince.

i'll switch to another streaming service once that shit runs out tho kek.
>>
People are forced to buy his music instead of listen to it for free. Can't blame him, although these days no one buys music so I doubt he makes much.

Luckily I have most his albums on vinyl from thrift stores that I bought for $1. Just got my third mint original Purple Rain a couple days ago.
>>
>>64044394
I think it's really srupid of him to do that. I would concider him to be one of the few true "artists" when it comes to pop music, so of corse he's gone batshit insane in his later years.

Not only does he not trust the internet, but he also beleives in chem trails and thinks that white people secretly put drugs in products that "only black people buy" (aka malt liquor) to make black people more violent?

It's quite the fall from grace.
>>
He has so many fucking good 'unreleased' tracks and Live/Soundboard stuff on bootlegs that it's unbelievable that he can keep it all locked up when he could be making shit tons from deluxe editions and box sets alone.

>tfw will never see a proper release of the 20 minute version of Computer Blue or Moonbeam Levels, Electric Intercourse or a release of The Dream Factory/Camille stuff in Prince's lifetime. :(
>>
I respect the man because he does things differently and has his own opinions, regardless of the norm
>>
>>64045109
>implying white people don't secretly drug niggers

I bet you believe 9/11 wasn't an inside job too.
>>
he'll eventually give in
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.