[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize that all your music ideas were garbage and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1456601253546.jpg (96 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
1456601253546.jpg
96 KB, 396x388
When did you realize that all your music ideas were garbage and that you were a garbage musician that will never succeed in music?

Oh wait don't tell me... you still think you have a chance? You seriously think anyone is going to like your bullshit whiny crybaby turdnoise or whatever the fuck you baked in your retard oven? That's adorable.
>>
>>64041682
>tfw I have a moderately successful career in the music industry

I'm not getting rich but I can pay my bills and have a nice life. It's fun to come on /mu/ and laugh at people like you OP.
>>
>>64041682
Practice makes perfect OP. There's always room for improvement

What DOES irk me is people who think their bedroom album is genius and shill it to death on social media without taking any criticism.
>>
File: Cf-sJdtWsAA9-7w.jpg-large.jpg (139 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Cf-sJdtWsAA9-7w.jpg-large.jpg
139 KB, 768x1024
>>64041682
>succeed in music
what an anti-art cuckhold
>>64042354
>have a nice life
dan stop viralling
>>
File: 1459927672165.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1459927672165.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>tfw i have so many amazing ideas but i'm too lazy to learn an instrument so the rest of the world will never hear the brilliance reserved exclusively for me
>>
RUDE! I just want to make things I'm happy with, is that so bad?
>>
I know... It's fucking sad. Been writing experimental music since I was 12 (over 13 years now), hoping that I'll be heard or noticed at any capacity to make ANY sort of living. It's not happening.

World is full of plebs.
>>
>>64042527
probably should've started by making normal music first
>>
>>64042554
nah man, you gotta shoot for the stars and claw your way up
>>
>>64041682
I don't care much about "succeeding in music." I mainly do it for fun. As long as at least one other person likes what I make I'm satisfied.
>>
>>64042570
you need strong fundamentals rooted at the base of any decent music
>>
>>64042584
/thread desu
>>
>tfw would put in the time to learn how to make good music but don't have enough money for equipment
I CANT KEEP RECORDING ACOUSTIC SHIT ON MY PHONE AHHHHHH
>>
File: ac.gif (279 KB, 927x434) Image search: [Google]
ac.gif
279 KB, 927x434
>>64042604
A WILD ANIMAL COLLECTIVE APPEARS
>>
I don't talk much. Never did. So I record to know I still have a voice. I think the songs kick major ass and I'm proud of em and when I'm dead they'll be here waiting for a strangers ear.
>>
>>64042651
post bandcamp, I'll listen
>>
>>64042698
I gave you the most abrasive one but the quality improves the newer they get. http://lyesofautumn.bandcamp.com/album/6-06pm
>>
>>64042354
Same here, been on multiple popular labels around the world and make enough to live off of. I actually go here to discuss music, but it's always good for a laff seeing bitter kids like OP who try to cop some flavor of the month artist's style horribly and come crying and projecting on /mu/ when they don't get more than 5 listens on their soundcloud.
>>
>>64042619
+1 I feel this
>>
Kinda want to hear opie's tunes now.
>>
what are you talking about? I'm this generation's James Ferraro
>>
It's actually all I want to do in life as of now. I'm only 18 and been formally composing for 3 months but I think I've put out a few decent tracks. Listen for yourself. I'm looking for a drummer to take my music to the streets of LA and find out for myself if I can make it or not.

https://soundcloud.com/kludgybrain

Most of my lyrics have been rewritten but not remade
>>
Jokes on you faggot op. I never tried, I don't even know how to play guitar
>>
>>64041682
senpai I have nights to play at nearly every weekend
>>
kek. how can you be so insecure
>>
>>64041682
I never though my ideas were garbage, but I realized my limitations and decided to go study music at university and actually learn about my chosen art form.

>>64042619
money and equipment has nothing to do with writing music. as long as you have a computer (which you probably do, posting on 4chan) you can do literally anything, even write for full orchestra (via scores)
>>
I don't really care if I have success. I'm gonna sit here with my piano and play and I'm gonna write some songs and I'm doing this because it's how I express myself.
>>
>>64042439
same anon, I paint the ceiling of sistine chapel in my head every night too

(you're a fucking moron)
>>
File: here.gif (2 MB, 420x298) Image search: [Google]
here.gif
2 MB, 420x298
>>64043657
>>
File: IMG_20160410_184413.jpg (153 KB, 756x1008) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_184413.jpg
153 KB, 756x1008
>>64041682
Playing an instrument is like browsing the web for me, it's just something fun I do to pass the time for an hour or two every day. It's mostly just unstructured noodling, if I come across something I like or want to remember I record it and save it for later and I have a whole folder of stuff from over the years. This metaphor runs deep lol.

Anyway, although I'd like to think that I'm objectively "good-ish", recently I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I will never put my music out there. Idk the whole act of playing music is very personal and introspective and the thought of it becoming some kind or obligation, or social activity--or really anything at all--just gives me stupid anxiety.

I used to dream about being a famous musician, but as soon as I sat down and tried to record any stuff into songs it just sucked all the fun out of the whole activity.

So I've decided I'm gonna quit before I even get started lol. I'm still going to play everyday for the rest of my life but I can't see myself making a career out of it. This summer I'm going back to school to finish my degree and by Fall next year I'll probably have some boring government job. Maybe after I die someone will find my folder with thousands of files in it and release it all and it'll be super avant garde, that'd be cool desu.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.