[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice for quitting hard drugs? Pic not related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: url.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
Advice for quitting hard drugs?

Pic not related.
>>
see if your community has some sort of Narcotics Anonymous
>>
just do push ups when you feel like doing drugs ya dingus
>>
Acknowledge that life is meaningless. Pain and sorrow are inevitable and useful. Boredom is the only true evil in life and it takes mindful effort to cure it without incurring horrific side effects.

Lastly, happiness is exhausting not just to you but also to those around you, your life goals should extend beyond it.
>>
>>64042229
I know trying to be happy is exhausting, and I've always acknowledged that life is meaningless - which admittedly is good advice.

I just feel so tired, and I know using shit isn't the answer, but it makes it easier. I just don't want to have to rely on anything.
>>
>>64041635
>>>/adv/
>>
Smoke some weed instead and play a musical instrument. If that's too hard then play some vidya and smoke weed.
>>
you should get a boyfriend, or something, i used to be deep into lean and weed before lean fucked up my liver at a very young age, i'm never doing anything else, i just find it stupid as hell, and i now know that i should've never did it, seriously, try to get a boyfriend, also ignore this dude saying that life is meaningless, life is meaningless, if you want it so.
>>
>>64041635
I'm sorry to say this anon but there is only one way to get over this its rehab. I was addicted to opiates for 6 years and have always looked for an easy way out but there isn't one.
>>
>>64041635
Listen to more MoTFD
>>
use them only on the weekends its honestly not that bad just dont be super addicted and shit yknow
>>
>>64042482
Yea trade one dependency for another that's shit advice. OP only you can quit. None of us can make you.
>>
>>64042532
This is how I started, but it's too late now.
>>
>>64042532
That's how my dad quit alcohol. He drank Dr. Pepper instead.
>>
>>64042532
damn yall act like drugz is life bro!!!1
seriously just stop trying to use them and find another way of having fun, i might be sounding like a d.a.r.e. shilling official or something but there's nothing funny about that shit.
>>
It's not even that I'm hurting for money or anything , it's just I can feel it fucking with my psyche.
>>
>>64041635
Take advantage of the moments in which you're feeling sane and willing to quit and plan ahead for when you're going to want to fall back again.
There's simply no other way, you're addicted because it's going to get the better of you 100% of the time when the feeling overcomes you.
Like the other guy said, rehab is an option. There are other things you can do, so figure out your plan of action and use every means at your disposal to prevent you from rebounding, because you know eventually you're going to do the exact opposite, looking to take another hit any way you can.
You are now two separate persons. One will kill you and one will have to suffer a whole fucking lot to live. So prepare to suffer and do the shit that needs to be done.
>>
>>64042597
Thank you so much, this is the best advice I've ever received on here.
>>
>>64042352
Drugs have me taught me so much about myself.
Plenty about weakness and humility. But also the limits of introspection. You'll never solve "you", and when your internal monologues and endless circular reasoning start driving you insane, it's time to preoccupy yourself with something else. A nondestructive escape if possible.

When i got out of the hospital I took up painting and guitar. Also got/found a cat. I'm getting by is the best I can say. Good luck brother.
>>
>>64042637
Good luck, my closest childhood friend died a year ago alone in his home and spent four days there before anyone found him
I've probably walked the same thin line a couple of times, I couldn't talk to anyone for weeks after that. I hope you can get straight before things start to spiral down
>>
>>64042699
I'd love to do this, but I have obligations - I have to work and pay off my mortgage, but once that's done I hope to have some time for myself.

>>64042708
I hope so too.
>>
start reading. Take a mushroom or LSD trip. It's non-addictive and surely has given me some perspective on my own behavior and relation with other drugs. Throw out all drugs you might have left. Just flush it down the toilet as a manifest for your new ways of life. Talk with parents/friends if you have any.

Whenever I've quit habits myself I've always been riddled with anxiety and emptiness, which is arguably the worst part of the human experience. Taking my mind off that, with books and meditation usually, is a good way to get past it. Eventually it gets better. Or at least new, less terrible problems will occupy your mind and attention.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.