[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the birth years 1942-1944 produce more successful, influential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: jimihendrix.jpg (74 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
jimihendrix.jpg
74 KB, 306x306
Did the birth years 1942-1944 produce more successful, influential musicians than any other 3 years?

Off the top of my head, I can think of so many musicians born in the brief time period that are considered to be legends.

Jerry Garcia
Jimi Hendrix
Paul McCartney
George Harrison
Janis Joplin
Jimmy Page
Roger McGuinn
Graham Nash
Jim Morrison
Chris Hillman
Ray Davies
Joe Cocker
Al Jardine
Clarence White
Sly Stone
Roger Waters
John Entwistle
Keith Richards
Mick Jagger
Andy Summers
Arethra Franklin

and many, many more
>>
>>64040329
>off the top of my head
>implying you didn't look these up
>>
taking back sunday is better than all of those
>>
>>64040365
no, I remembered most of their birth years
>>
>>64040329
no, 44-49 did
>>
>>64040329
the psychic repercussions of the third reich on the collective unconscious. Every action brings an equal and opposite reaction. WWII was 1st wave, then you have the 60s which really blew people's minds at an unprecedented global scale. we are now witnessing the third wave, that's coming on really strong due to internet technology and decades of repressed tension. wonder why the 10s are in a way both like the 60s and like the 30s in a way? we are nowhere near the crest of this wave yet
>>
>>64040492

being born during the war probably has something to do with it actually
>>
Brian Wilson, the greatest music mind of all time was born in 1942. So to answer your question, yes.
>>
I remember when people born then weren't really that old, now they're in their 70s.
>>
>>64041995
Thesis: Third Reich
Antithesis: Age of Aquarius
Synthesis: Whatever the fuck is happening right now
>>
It wasn't about the year they were born, it was about the year they started making music and all influenced each other.
>>
>>64040329
>Al Jardine
>no Brian Wilson listed

Wut?
>>
Are The Beach Boys a meme?

I really like some of their songs but I fail to see how they were as good as The Beatles, overall.
>>
>>64042342
Ive been a huge beatles fan my entire life, always grew up disregarding the beach boys, and about a year ago I decided to sit down and listen to Pet Sounds, and I was blown away. I even ventured onto Smile and was impressed even more. They are some of the most beautiful works in music ive ever heard.
>>
>>64042411
I listened to Pet Sounds and was only blown away by 2 songs, and you know which ones they are. I'll give it another listen, though.
>>
>>64042444
Have you heard this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIG7C_r91ng

also nice trips
>>
I want to kill myself gapsdfiasofif
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.