[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>makes two unbelievably amazing, soulful, spiritual, energetic,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: exone-1-front.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1203) Image search: [Google]
exone-1-front.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1203
>makes two unbelievably amazing, soulful, spiritual, energetic, mind-bending, psychotic, literal 10/10 albums
>makes a third one that is complete watered down pop tunes

how does this happen
>>
>he fell for the rym meme
>>
File: TOP.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
TOP.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
The industry.
Same thing happened to pic related.
>>
>>64036436

??? I found Exuma through YouTube recommendations.
>>
>>64036418
At least the art on all of them are good.
>>
Do Wah Nanny is great, though. Did the horns in the opening turn you off?

The reason Exuma fell off was because he tried to do what was popular in the Bahamas instead of keeping the unique persona New York gave him, by the way.
>>
>>64036987

The reason I don't like Do Wah Nanny is because it just sounds like a bunch of short conventional ditties for the radio after the complete thrill rides that the first two albums are. It was just so disappointing. Not awful, but very disappointing. It makes me feel no desire to listen to any of his later albums, and I don't know how he could possibly thing going in that direction was a good idea.
>>
>>64036445
this is actually true by the way
>>
>>64037146

The rest of his albums are pretty generic Caribbean folk with kinda quirky lyrics. I think Snake is good, though.
>>
>>64036418
>>64036482
Who wore it better?
>>
So no other exuma albums are worth checking out besides the first two?
>>
>>64036418
happened to culture. Released incredible, apocalyptic early reggae albums then in the 80s proceeded to make cookie cutter reggae-of-the-week. The 80s were rough for a lot of bands coming in from earlier decades though, i'll cut em some slack.
>>
>>64037211

Do Wah Nanny and Snake are worth a try, thought not everyone likes them.
>>
>>64036712
recommended thru rymers on utoob
>>
>>64036418
That 3rd albums sounds cool coming from them though, never tried it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.