[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Maladroit? I know many here love pinkerton
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2510875268_fb81a84750_o.jpg (1 MB, 1496x1500) Image search: [Google]
2510875268_fb81a84750_o.jpg
1 MB, 1496x1500
What does /mu/ think of Maladroit? I know many here love pinkerton and blue and generally dislike green and make believe, but I feel like this one never comes up. What are your thoughts?
>>
>>64035409
Generally speaking the consensus is that Maladroit is a step in the right direction after the massive misstep that was Green, but one that didn't really go far enough and ultimately never led to anything. It's the first in a long chain of "comeback" Weezer albums that get overhyped and, after the initial buzz dies down, fail to live up to what the band/fans want them to be. See Red, EWBAITE and White for other examples.
>>
>>64035523
White was good and I like what they did on that album
>>
>>64035523
Thanks anon, that was pretty succinct.

I think it really had potential and a few of the songs are honestly some of my favorites from Weezer. But then there's shit too like Slob or Take Control
>>
>>64035557
Wait a month and you'll see it exactly the same way you see EWBAITE - okay but completely forgettable.
>>
>>64035409
It's probably my second favorite Weezer album anon.

The lyrics are dumb, but I've never heard any other album with similar soundings guitars.

American Gigolo is sick
Dope Nose has a sick solo
Keep Fishin' is catchy but meh
Take Control is awesome—especially the little guitar flourishes during the chorus
Death and Destruction has one of the coolest and simplest solos with those cool pedals.
Slob, Burndt Jamb, Slave, Fall Together, and Love Explosion are all great
Space Rock is good
Possibilities and December are kinda meh, but they only click in at 2m and 3m respectively so who gives a shit?

I love it.
>>
>>64035523
Green was only a misstep in comparison to Pinkerton (aka one of the very best Pop Rock albums). Green is full of brilliant song writing. If you watch live performance of Green songs during the Maladroit era, it has everything the songs needed (great solos, energy, Pat's bitchen drum fills, ect)
>>
>>64035687
>the lyrics are dumb

So, like on every song they ever recorded?
>>
Maladroit is great. I really like the album 5 demos before Make Believe came and ruined everything.

Maladroit is EWBAITE tier. White and Red are below and about the same. Green isn't bad at all if you just think of it as a happy power pop summer album
>>
>>64035946
Silly but never dumb. Since Rivers is an active member of academia I imagine he'd find wordiness in Rock lyrics would be tiresome. As a result his wit comes out the intent of lyrics rather than the words. At least he knows it's just a Rock band.
>>
>>64035409
Love it, super nostalgic. Sweet hooks. Lots of stupid metal riffs, lazy songwriting, and corny lyrics though, so I doubt it's really critically acclaimed.
>>
>>64035409
here are my rankings of weezer's discography:
blue=pinkerton>>>white>maladroit>everything will be alright in the end>>>>>hurley>>green>>red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>make believe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>raditude
>>
>>64036013

I'd rather weezer be silly than have songs like Yellow Camero
>>
anyone who has an actual opinion about albums like red or hurley I know I can immediately disregard what they say because anyone who would take the time to listen to that shit is reddit as fuck
>>
>>64036128

Either you've listened to it, making you reddit as fuck, or you're forming opinions on albums you've never listened to, which is actually Reddit as fuck.
>>
>>64036128
Red has some cool shit man. Tracks 1-4 are excellent. 9 and 10 are amazingly mature Rock tunes. Dreamin is crazy catchy albeit too long. Pig almost makes me cry like a bitch.
>>
>>64036013

Rivers certainly seems to have gotten pretty wordy lately with the lyrics to Thank God for Girls and all the other syllabic mouthfuls on White.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.