[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do rappers and athletes hang out with each other? Is there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (468 KB, 486x502) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
468 KB, 486x502
Why do rappers and athletes hang out with each other?

Is there any more superficial friendships around? Drake happens to like these guys because they're good at playing sports. Ok...

"BRO, I LOVE HOW YOU CATCH THAT FOOTBALL. SO FUCKING COOL. LETS CHILL"
>>
>>64030493
rappers are barely even musicians anyway?are you that pleb to care about rappers...really?
>>
>>64030493
actually on drake's first album he talked about that

"Damn, I swear sports and music are so synonymous
Cause we want to be them, and they want to be us"http://genius.com/Drake-thank-me-now-lyrics

so it's obvious you're a newfag who has never listen to drake
>>
>>64030550

Why would he ever want to be an athlete instead of a musician?

Athletes have a short window of even being able to do their profession then they're done and officially has beens for the rest of their lives

Musicians can go on forever
>>
>>64030581

Rappers aren't musicians, it's a meme

That's why Shaq, Allan Inverson, Kobe Bryant etc are all "rappers"

It's a Reddit genre
>>
>>64030581
not true in hip hop. I can name so many rappers who were popular in my high school years. that are irrelevant now

Atleast athletes can do coaching afterwards or become a commentator
>>
File: 1438193738081.gif (3 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1438193738081.gif
3 MB, 300x200
>>64030493
>why do famous people hang out with other famous people
>>
maybe because they are friends
>>
>>64030493
>sleeping over at a musicians house while they have a fucking album to finish

people can be so disrespectful
>>
>>64030493
"BRO, I LOVE HOW YOU AUTOTUNE THOSE SONGS SOMEONE ELSE WROTE FOR YOU, SO FUCKING COOL. LETS CHILL"
is basically how you sound

Rappers and athletes are celebrities, being seen is a currency for them, and being seen together more so. The joke is on you for thinking hip hop is somehow above sports.
>>
File: kentridge-complainta.jpg (23 KB, 376x279) Image search: [Google]
kentridge-complainta.jpg
23 KB, 376x279
A rapper is not a musician.

There are lots of people that are rappers as well as being a musician, but making shit rhyme has nothing to do with music.
>>
>>64030679

They're only friends because he plays football.

Which seem so arbitrary. It's almost like he's a bitch, wanting to hang out with the big strong athletes
>>
>>64030765
You don't get it. They're not friends, they just know that most people who listen to hip hop also watch basketball and football. It's good for their image to be seen together.
>>
>>64030795

So he's letting some guy roomcuck out his house overnight just for a picture?

What a faggot
>>
>>64030859
Kind of. They are still people who probably have a lot in common, so I'm sure they get a long fine. But they wouldn't seek each other out if it wasn't mutually beneficial. I don't see why Drake is worse than any other rapper for this. It's what hip hop is founded on - larger than life, inauthentic celebrity personalities.
>>
So would none of you like to chill with your favorite musician or some shit like that? I mean that would be superficial, you just like them because they're good at music.
>>
>>64030493

drake a sissy he like to be around strong men
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.