[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good House = Song of the Year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_5342-e1447341791299.jpg (699 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5342-e1447341791299.jpg
699 KB, 2000x1000
>tfw deak peaked
>>
>>64029299
dubs confirms
>>
More like

>Good House = Song of the Decade
>>
Just Am is objectively better

Don't argue for 'feels from lyrics' because you're better off reading poetry if you really give a shit about that
>>
>>64029371
actually my second favorite is Golden Chords

stay mad

though I still really like Just Am
>>
>>64029381
Golden Chords is the worst of them all

Literally a generic acoustic track for emotional saps who easily fall for the lyrics meme
>>
>>64029432
>the lyrics meme

You should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>64029470
lyrics aren't part of what separates music from other mediums of art

music is for appreciating rhythms, melodies, sound textures, and that sort of stuff

no song, especially in 2016, will contain lyrics with more insight than a well-written poem or novel
>>
>>64029535
golden chords is filled with sweet melodies and chord progressions, though. and the background ambience is really quite lovely. the great lyrics only add to the song--they're not close to the only beautiful element.
>>
>>64029535
Except you can use lyrics to reinforce musical concepts, making them an integral part of the music as a whole.

And all lyrics are poetry, by the way.
>>
>releases one album
>he peaked
Honestly though, I think Sleep Cycle is solid and all, but I wouldn't be surprised if he could do better.

>>64029432
>Literally a generic acoustic track for emotional saps who easily fall for the lyrics meme
I like Golden Chords a lot, and I can confirmed I'm an emotional sap, though it's not like I'm too crazy for the lyrics personally.
>>
>>64030501
>Except you can use lyrics to reinforce musical concepts, making them an integral part of the music as a whole.
You can, but veeeeery few songs do this. Golden Chords isn't really one of them. And I'm not really saying that one can't ever appreciate lyrics, but rather it shouldn't be analyzed until every other element has proven itself.

Selfish Gene is probably the best example of this in any AnCo-related project imo
>>
>>64029319
more like jam of a lifetime
>>
Good House is a great song and all but i don't see how people here can't acknowledge that the majority of the hype we have surrounding it is based on its history. Its not only been Deakin's swan song for god knows how long now, it's also the only track on the album that anyone has heard prior to the album dropping. The offical studio recording is bound for bias positive reception
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.