[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Machine Music's critical response showcases it as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (399 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
file.png
399 KB, 500x419
Metal Machine Music's critical response showcases it as the ultimate pleb filter
>>
come on man MMM is shit and unbearable whether ur a pleb or not.
>>
Milky Way is better.
>>
>>64026810
I actually think it's a really beautiful work, I wanted to hate it and make fun of it but it's just entrancing, idk how long it is but when I listened to it as a whole it felt like twenty minutes. It's not something I care to listen to often, but when the mood hits it's irresistible
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x1280
>>64026841
??
>>
>normies still don't realize that MMM has gotten its critical reappraisal and induction into the art music canon decades ago

I bet you think that the debate over whether noise is music or not is still a relevant topic to people outside of 4chan, Reddit and the Youtube comments section too, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>64026920
bizarre unrelated vitriolposting. It happens to the best of us
>>
>>64026919
as in better solo guitar noise album. Plus it was performed a couple of years prior.
>>
>>64026996
>>64026919
and in case you have no idea what I'm talking about
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/%E7%81%B0%E9%87%8E%E6%95%AC%E4%BA%8C/%E5%A4%A9%E4%B9%83%E5%B7%9D__milky_way___1973_live_/
>>
>>64026996
No I just don't know what album you mean
>>
LuLu's critical response showcases it as the ultimate pleb filter
>>
>>64027054
yeah, sorry about that. Sort of slow today.
>>
>>64026964
It's hardly unrelated as this idea of MMM being something that's only appreciated by the most elite of all elite listeners holds no water at this point and hasn't held water in a long time. As I said, it's an album that's gotten reappraised ages ago.
If you wanted to make the same point with a Lou Reed-related album with which it would have actually made sense, you should have gone with Lulu.

As for the vitriol, I guess it was the beer talking. Sorry mate.
>>
>>64027133
yeah that makes some sense but my point is more that any good critic likes it rather than it being difficult to like, generally critics are not plebs

Pitchfork never reappraised it, right, hence this board has not caught up
>>
>>64026964
except that it's totally related, you knob gobbling Keebler elf
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.