[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Foster The People?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1500x1500
What does /mu/ think of Foster The People?
>>
>>64025156
Better than fleet foxes
>>
Eh.
>>
I like Torches no matter what anyone on this website says
>>
File: can't_dodge_the_rodge.jpg (37 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
can't_dodge_the_rodge.jpg
37 KB, 615x409
>>64025156
ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THE PUMPED UP KICKS

BETTER RUN BETTER RUN

OUTRUN MY GUN
>>
Ain't bad. Ain't good tho.
>>
>>64025156
Meh
>>
still better than vampire weekend
>>
>>64025156
That album is good
The other one wasn't
That's pretty much my entire opinion on them
>>
>>64025307
>>64026351
These. Torches was fresh as fuck, Helena Beat, Pumped Up Kicks, Warren, Don't Stop, that shit is like a greatest hits compilation. It perfectly captured the zeitgeist of that quasi-mainstream "indie" pop era. Supermodel was weak as fuck though.
>>
>>64026477
Best friend and a beginner's guide to destroying the moon aren't that bad imo
>>
>Foster the People
>Young the Giant
>Cage the Elephant
huh
>>
shittiest faux-indie of all time, and degenerated the whole music industry into the bland generic spotify bands that now make half of the summer festival lineups.

it was catchy tho.
>>
>>64026688
This. They're nothing special at all and if you seriously think Foster the People are a good band, you really need to expand your horizons.
>>
>>64026688
You're thinking about Arcade Fire, and they did it way back in 2005.
>>
>>64025293
>pleb
>>
>>64026776
you're comparing bland pop with original chamber baroque indie rock/pop
>>
>>64026817
Hahaha, Arcade Fire are the Foster the people of truly patrician baroque indie rock. Do you even Elephant 6?
>>
>>64026776
i get that Arcade Fire became a blueprint for generic too, but they're def not faux-indie, at least back then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQmskgeRknY
>>
>>64026875
why are you comparing psych infused rock and folk with arcade fire and foster the people.
>>
>>64026875
>being that pretentious
>>
Control yourself
Take only what you need from us
Toni-i-i-ight
We are young
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
All these songs sound the same and I confuse these three bands all thee time
>>
Don't see them live. Foster relies on so much auto tune it hurts.
It was really disappointing over in Lollapoolza a few years back.
>>
There last single is weird. It feels like
a collage from their last album. I enjoyed it after my second listening.
>The unforeseeable fate of mr jones

I think they are trying a hiphop album next.
>>
Really dreadful. Can't believe people are calling them good - you really need to explore some more bands.
>>
>>64027925
>seeing a band live whose best quality is production value
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.