[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of the Deftones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: deftones_chino.jpg (143 KB, 868x632) Image search: [Google]
deftones_chino.jpg
143 KB, 868x632
>>
>>64024107
awful buttrock foo fighters limp bizkit bloodhound gang tier shite
>>
the deftons? hes alright
>>
A good band with a distinct sound and style that rose above the nu-metal scene, but with a tendency to repeat themselves and sound samey that doesn't lend themselves to extensive listening. White Pony is still their best album.
>>
Adore them, no other band really sounds like them. They don't have a bad album, but my favourite stretch is from Around the Fur ---> s/t.
>>
File: you'd prefer an striped horse.jpg (71 KB, 770x770) Image search: [Google]
you'd prefer an striped horse.jpg
71 KB, 770x770
>>64024149
>no other band really sounds like them

gonna have to object to that m8, they p much took their sound from HUM and added in some nu-metal bits
>>
Of all of the dross that came from the nu-metal scene, this band is the only somewhat respectable one -- and that includes Tool.

I think had the singer grown up under different circumstances, he probably would have been a pretty great artist.
>>
>>64024232
Fair point. No doubt Hum were an influence, a song like Knife Party owes a lot to Little Dipper for sure.
>>
>>64024107
Who are "the deftones" ?
I don't know about them, but I love deftones.
>>
I lived in California for 5 years and used to listen to them a lot before, listening to them now they're more comfy
>>
>>64024119
>limp bizkit
>buttrock

kill yourself holy shit
>>
>>64024107
Distinct sound with a bunch of solid records to their name.
>>
I have Gore and even ripped it and uploaded the FLACs to pomf and dropped the links here a few days ago.

I'd say Self-Titled and SNW are my favorite post-Pony albums. But Diamond Eyes and Gore are really good.
>>
>>64024107
meme
>>
>>64024232

i think deftones incorporate a lot more interesting elements into their music, even if hum shred a little bit harder
>>
>>64024107
The Weezer of nu-metal
>>
i only listen to around the fur
>>
>>64025657
But what are Weezer the Weezer of?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.