[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>RSD in 3 days Are you copping anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Record-Store-Day-2016[1].jpg (39 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Record-Store-Day-2016[1].jpg
39 KB, 630x420
>RSD in 3 days

Are you copping anything?
>>
>>64022729
copping some sweet live tunes, need to scope the release list, anything good OP?
>>
>>64022740
http://recordstoreday.co.uk/media/2711/product-listing-6apr.pdf
UK

https://s3.amazonaws.com/recordstoreday/2016/2016_RSD_PUBLIC.pdf
USA

That Lukas Graham - Seven Year 12" tho
>>
>>64022755
all about that bill evans and fela kuti then - maybe the silly skeleton dance as well
>>
>>64022729
That sweet Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld three LP set. Plus Molesly Shoals and D.O.C.'s No One Can Do It Better because they've both been out of print for years. Oh and maybe the MGSV themed picture disc of "Nuclear" by Mike Oldfield
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 750x745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 750x745
probably just this
>>
>>64022729
The Nurse with wound
maybe the xiu xiu twin peaks theme
the mike oldfield would be nice
and the johnny cash
>>
>>64022917
Mein neger
>>
>>64022729
Dunno. What good shit's there coming out?
>>
>>64022729
My local store isn't even doing it this year
>>
File: worldstallestdaschund.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
worldstallestdaschund.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>64022729
probably a feel AMIRITE BOYS??
>>
>>64022947
>Xiu Xiu

Literally who? Just get the official soundtrack vinyl when Mondo finally release it a month or so
>>
>>64023423
>Literally Xiu
>>
>>64022729
>METZ
>pinkshinyultrablast
>Ol Dirty Bastard
>Wolf Alice

That's about it. Not too bad.
>>
>>64022729
Going with my m8s but not gonna buy anything
>>
>>64022729
Mrs Magician
Nosferatu ost
Both Suicides
The Residents
Eastern European Sounds maybe
>>
>>64022729
I've been wanting to go to the record store to check out what new releases they have in stock but I'm going to have to avoid the place for a little bit.
Don't want to be associated with the hipster wankfest that is RSD.
>>
>>64022729
No.
I already spent around 200 quid on records this month.
>>
>>64024518
Why
>>
>>64024531
I usually browse discogs and impulse buy everything I care for.
>>
Going to try to complete my David Byrne solo discography lads. Wish me luck.
>>
>>64024661
Is there a DB release for RSD? I didn't see one
>>
Who's planning on queuing stupidly early? Last year I turned up at about 5am and was third in line, but I've read about people starting to queue on fucking Thursday
>>
Gwar - Scumdogs LP
Burn - Last Great Sea 7"

but I'm sure everything will be flipped on ebay before I even get in a store
>>
>>64025298
Yeah but at three times the price
>>
>>64024862
My friends want to. The only reason I'm going is because it'll be the first time I've done something with people since July.
>>
File: 476a1a8d.jpg (83 KB, 525x250) Image search: [Google]
476a1a8d.jpg
83 KB, 525x250
>>64023423
>Xiu Xiu
>literally who

hi newfriend
>>
I keep waiting for 0PN's Commisiions Volume III, maybe next year
>>
hoping to get the A Design For Life 12", maybe the Lush box set too
>>
Not sure, the store I'm going to is selling all previous rsd titles 50% off so I'll probably see what they have there
>>
Nothing special comes to Australia, but theres a new store opening where I live on RSD, so ill go there and check it out and hopefully buy some stuff cheap elsewhere too.
>>
record store day is the worst day of the year if you actually work in a record store that takes itself serious
here in the netherlands maybe copies of the releases get devided between all the stores so this saturday i will spend the day telling people that we've already sold their limited edition 15 euro 7" single to someone who actually waited at our front door since 4 am

on the upside, we make a buttload of profit from the ppl who actually fall for it.
>>
>>64026990
Oh nooooo, job is harddd :(
>>
>>64026990
doesn't the record store get screwed because they have to buy all the records up front and they have to eat the cost of the ones that don't sell or something like that?
>>
Everything im interested is way too expensive. I'm going to try and get regina spektor begin to hope repress.
>>
File: 1456958980486.jpg (5 KB, 139x163) Image search: [Google]
1456958980486.jpg
5 KB, 139x163
It's funny that as vinyl has gotten more and more popular RSD has gotten shittier and shittier.

I kind of want the Blood Visions anniversary release but I'm still unsure if it's worth the crowds.
>>
>>64022917
yup
>>
Trash trash trash
>>
Tempted by Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld and the Lush boxset, not sure I can bring myself to shell out for either though. Might see if I can get 808 State, Jay Reatard and the Hope Sandoval 7". Would like the Miracle Legion reissue as well, but neither of the stores in my town are stocking it.
>>
>>64022729
No. I'd rather buy records I really want than records I'm being made to think I want, on a day when I don't have to queue for an hour+ to get into the store.

http://thequietus.com/articles/19946-record-store-day-2016-shops-bad-reissues-bleugh
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.