[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the 80s considered to be the "golden age of music"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_static_url.jpg (1 MB, 3606x1231) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_url.jpg
1 MB, 3606x1231
Why are the 80s considered to be the "golden age of music"?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiL0kYwzdNk
>>
who the fuck thinks that?
>>
File: into-a-secret-land.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
into-a-secret-land.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
Because this album was released.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr-ep3RQYpY
>>
>>64022265
Probably most people in their 40s
>>
>>64022238
It was a time of immense innovation and diversity. Hip-hop, house, boom bap, new jack swing, electro funk, techno, post disco, new wave, thrash metal, early death metal, hardcore punk, early grindcore, freestyle, and contemporary r&b, were all either created, or heavily developed upon in this time period.

>>64022265
who doesn't think that?
>>
>>64022265
My mom
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FzWHxljYQ&nohtml5=False
>>
>>64022238
Its the most aesthetic decade XD
>>
File: 1435518311216.jpg (141 KB, 610x415) Image search: [Google]
1435518311216.jpg
141 KB, 610x415
>>64022238
>Boom of many cultural relevant musicians
>revolutionary instrument called synth was actually accessible to amateur creatives minds
>Music was optimist, deep, all with style.
>>
>>64022353
>aesthetic decade
>XD
?
>>
>>64022371
good catch
>>
>>64022238
-pop acts with musical choreography was getting perfected
see. M Jackson
-The start of hard hitting shit
see. Slayer
-The beginning of boy band/manufactured bands
see. New Kids on the Block
-The bridging of the gap b/w whites and black
see. vanilla ice, cool moe dee?, run dmc and Aerosmith
I think there were also alot of broadway musicals during this time like rent but Im kind of talking out my ass
>>
Actually its the '10s
>>
>>64022238
Because of drum machines and synthesizers.
>>
>>64022328
>post-disco
>>
>>64022238
two main reasons

cheap technology (emphasis on cheap, as it was all stuff that had been around for a decade but suddenly it was showing up in thrift stores)

independent record labels (they were a relatively new thing, and after punk and new wave died off labels continued to spring up and this lasted until the mid 90s when the chart qualification rules changed)
>>
Because the people who are high up in the music industry were young adults during the '80s, so associate the music with youth and fun.
They know that a wide audience feels the same as them, so that's why '80s radio shows are so popular. There was a '70s resurgence before that.

Music goes in cycles
>>
>>64022238
i lold mom pants and i jerked it to mom pants lol
>>
>>64023360
what the fuck dude?
>>
Does anyone except nostalgiafags think that?
>>
I though the general consensus was 60s because of all the beatles wankery
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.