[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a song that's made you cry before without personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
Is there a song that's made you cry before without personal context? (e.g. crying to your favorite Taylor Swift song after a bad breakup).

Pic kinda related. But not really, I've never cried to a song before.
>>
Shut the fuck up
>>
When I used to be a beta orbiter probably Nick Drake's Pink Moon (still love it though)

As well Wealth from Talk Talk always used to make teary-eyed
>>
Am I literally the last person to find out that he often had a post-hardcore guitar style. I actually just listened to this for my first time yesterday and I had always just assumed it was like srv blues or something. Do all these seriously old people and soccer moms like it because of the frequent post-hardcore style or in spite of it. I was in a store recently and they were playing Kangaroo and when I asked what it was my mind was literally fucking blown.
>>
>>64020756
*?'s
>>
File: KaleidoscopeTangerineDream.jpg (249 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
KaleidoscopeTangerineDream.jpg
249 KB, 512x512
Sky Children is a great song, made me tear up as an INFP baby
>>
File: 1449263056790.jpg (87 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
1449263056790.jpg
87 KB, 640x475
DIG
BURY ME
UNDERNEATH
EVERYTHING THAT I AM
REARRANGING

pic related
>>
>>64020712
Motion Picture Soundtrack
>>
I've never sobbed/cried out loud to a song but some have made me tear up

I have shed a (manly) tear to a couple tracks by DJ Shadow and Kanye, some other stuff too, just because of how good it is or how impressive of an accomplishment it was

I haven't ever cried because of tfwnogf but after a friend died I teared up during Carrie & Lowell
>>
>>64020756
He released conventional singer-songwriter stuff, blues, post-hardcore, neo-psych, regular alt rock, vocal jazz and an interpretation of an old English hymn during his brief career. He might've given us a legendary discography if not for making the retarded decision of swimming in a huge river with a strong current
>>
All of REM - Murmur. Fuck.
>>
Radiohead - Exit Music (For a Film)
No clue why, shit just sounded sad man.
>>
The Killers christmas single, Boots

It just made me feel really nostalgic and miss my parents and being young.
>>
>>64020712
I've never had a bad breakup but Taylor makes me a little sad sometimes. Especially All too Well
>>
this happens to me all the time.
Like all the time, with or without lyrics.

Why would you need music at all if you're emotionally stable?
>>
>>64020712
The solo in hendrix's all along the watchtower. I have no idea what that song is about but it's gotten me multiple times.
>>
>>64021703
I'm with you. A lot of stuff will get me. Usually just overwhelming melancholy beauty. Like Bork or sufjian.
>>
Any Colour You Like

dunno why
>>
rotten apple by alice in chains t b h
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckNZljhwLfs&nohtml5=False
3:47
>>
La Dispute usually illicits an emotional response from me. King Park and I See Everything make me tear up every time I listen to them.
>>
>>64020712
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjiNROf_U4Y
>>
>>64020790
>The point the harp appears
>>
>whole album can do it, tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqj-ugOkO44
>>
>>64020741
First time I heard Wealth I was pretty much floored. It's the perfect way to end that album. I don't think Mark Hollis lays down any real messages until that last song, everything else being a preface building up to it.

New Grass also makes me all mushy
>>
>>64020712
I cant be the only one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OeoVkTDLM
>>
not sure why but this one does it for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJ4O-nSveg
>>
File: done.jpg (110 KB, 869x357) Image search: [Google]
done.jpg
110 KB, 869x357
>>64020741
>When I used to be a beta orbiter

got any good stories?
>>
Maggie May really reminds me of someone I knew.
Crash into me by DMB used to do something to me when I was younger
>>
Leonard Cohen: strangers song.
in this video he is crying himself at the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLq7Aqd_H7g
>>
"The Gunners Dream"
A song from Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut"

That album isn't really loved by most fans and to be honest, it's not a solid album. However, listening to the lyrics of this song and seeing all the visuals with it would bring a tear to a glass eye.
>>
almost cried with Space Oddity when Bowie died but never really
>>
>>64020712
No, that's stupid. I do cry to song of storms when you play it to flat's brother sharp. Made me think of my bro and how I should probably see him since we've been kind of ignoring each other
>>
>>64023094
* did
>>
I got teary eyed listening to Five Years the day Bowie died

I don't know if that counts as personal context
>>
>>64022564
Just your classic beta orbiting I guess

I remember I once cried when I told a girl that I still liked her while watching some Michael Bay movie lmao

Else nothing too bad I guess, I got over that slump a few years and go and feeling pretty good now. I don't owe anything to anyone
>>
Atrophy by The Antlers.
"Constantly letting you down."
>>
>>64020712
>>64020712
Codex from TKOL. Not long after I left my wife, dealing with the grief of seeing my girls 20% of the time I used to, and accepting what that would to to my relationship with them.

'No-one get's hurt... You've done nothing wrong'

It's like i dreamed someone else's life and woke up, but the people I dreamt I brought up stayed with me in waking.

It never leaves.
>>
>>64023796
>I don't owe anything to anyone

What does that mean? That seemed to come out of nowhere.
>>
I cry to fucking everything and I don't know why. Honestly way too many songs to mention.
>>
>>64024159
Like I won't do favors for people for the purpose of getting something back
>>
>>64022976
This and Great Gig In The Sky
>>
>>64022256
For me it was Edward Benz and The Child We Lost
>>
Bruno Mars - talking to the moon
>>
A Day In The Life overwhelms me sometimes and makes me cry that it's so good, but not like a feeling cry.
>>
Jamie Lawson- Wasn't expecting that made me cry a lot when I finally got over all the repetition
>>
>>64022330
this
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.