[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final thoughts on this album before it fades into obscurity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
Final thoughts on this album before it fades into obscurity?
>>
A waste of time.
>>
>>64018763
it's fucking shit, can we stop talking about it now
>>
Trash
>>
AOTY
>>
It was okay, I guess. I wouldn't feel bad if its existence was erased or anything, nothing of real value would be lost.
>>
>>64018833
>it's okay
no it was amazing
>>
>>64018763
heh u fools will be in for a surprise when in 10 years it is praised for the experimental masterpiece that it is
>>
Trash. Huge mess and disappointment
>>
i feel like the more i listen to it, the better of a person i become

not only a simply, technically good album filled with memorable moments and one of the best 3-song runs of his career, but also a document of the 2015-2016 cultural that people will look back to for decades to come

'ultralight beam' is the uplifting anthem we all need

Kanye/Killer Mike 2020
>>
I'm pretty sure it's awful but I love it.
>>
I miss the old Kanye
>>
I'll probably still listen to Ultralight Beam a year from now but that's maybe it. I might give it a full listen every now and then
>>
Kanye is just getting tiring. If you're a cartoon character 24/7 it'll effect your music. The thing is he knows people are tired of it but he continues to press on being a complete clown despite that.
>>
File: 1436748101555.jpg (120 KB, 1049x550) Image search: [Google]
1436748101555.jpg
120 KB, 1049x550
A hard 7. It kinda hurts to say. Plus, I can't listen to it without feeling like I did while gearing up to split with my longtime gf around the time of its release. Both the content and context are kinda ruined for me.
>>
I just listened to it for the first time two days ago. I like it more than I thought, but I don't know if there are any real classics like Slow Jams or Flashing Lights or anything.

B+
>>
>>64019448
>experimental
>masterpiece
what the fuck
>>
>>64020031
ultra light beam, father stretch, wolves, and no more parties are up there with the big hits for me
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 500x670
honestly i really enjoy the album front to back. i have about like 700 plays in the album it just covers so many sounds.

i know its a really cool /v/ thing to hate it because of it's context and you know being contranian is cool as heck but for those that actually are capable of making opinions for yourselves and dont like the album then more power to ya. you either like it or you dont

9/10
>>
>>64019770
you're retarded if you think 7 is a bad rating
>>
>>64020640
Why is it a /v/ thing to hate it? I don't like the album so I pretty much ignore most threads to do with it except when I'm bored.
>>
>>64019448
yeah on datpiff and worldstar
>>
>>64020640
What does hating a Kanye West album have to do with a video game board?
>>
>>64018763
First release was a 6

Fixed release is an 8

imo
>>
>>64020818
For kanye
>>
Original release was like a 4 at most, the fixed release was a 3.5. He said he was going to fix it and it had pretty much the exact same problems with a few things that didn't matter changed.
>>
With a few tweaks to the track ordering and using the best versions of each song, I'd say pushing an 8. Based on the original version Kanye put out, solid 6 imho
>>
at least it's better than the garbage known as yeezus/10
>>
2nd best Kanye album
>>
It's not as good as I hoped it would be. My ratings:

>8.1 BNM
>strong 7
>scaruffi 6
>>
>>64019552
>document of the 2015-2016 cultural
yes

>that people will look back to for decades to come
hahaha

>Kanye/Killer Mike 2020
>>>r/hhh
>>
Ultralight Beam only song worth keeping
>>
The album artwork is so ham fisted. I mean what the fuck. Also the real Pablo was a cocksucker.
>>
>>64018763
Ultralight Beam was good, the rest of the album was awful.
>>
Its his best since MBDTF.

Im looking forward to turbo.
>>
>>64020818
It isn't? Maybe the perfectionist in me refrains from believing such.
>>
>>64019552
I know the person behind this post
>>
File: 74590920.png (397 KB, 653x1096) Image search: [Google]
74590920.png
397 KB, 653x1096
Now if I fuck this model
And she just bleached her asshole
And I get bleach on my tshirt
Im'a feel like an asshole
>>
Favorite songs are FML, real friends, no more parties in la, pt 2, and wolves but everything other than that just seems like filler to me
>>
>>64018763
It's just a collection of songs.
Some of them are good.
That's it.
GARBAGE album cover.
>>
pretty generic and uninspired, disappointing for someone like Kanye to release such an uncreative album
>>
>>64020593
if i've said it once i've said it a hundred times: wolves had the potential to be great but remains a bunch of disjointed pieces that no one managed to fit together quite right
>>
I have listened to it over 40 times and I can't stop. I'll want to listen to new things, but I always default back to it. I literally always do this with a new Kanye Album. I wish the songs were longer but it's still incredible.
>>
>>64021947
this
>>
It's full of filler that is so bad it makes everything near it feel like filler. I think that I'll enjoy Highlights much more if it weren't for Low Lights, same for Waves and Freestyle4+I Love Kanye.
Wolves howling hook is the best thing on this album (followed by the whole second half of Famous), if only there was a good cohesive song to accompany it.
I actually love the memes on it tho. The bleached asshole, that dumb sandwich line, yeezy yeezy what's good, scary, couches couches etc. They're somehow both cringy and dumbly funny at the same time.
Everything except the singles will probably age the worst of anything that Kanye's done.

All in all, I hope that he'll try a little bit more on TG16. This one was a mess and it was pretty clear Yeezy was too busy with kids/fashion to actively pay attention to the album.
>>
7-8/10
Not his best but still a pretty good album
>>
>>64018833
like happened with 808s, everyone agreed it was a pile of shit when it came out, then a few years later there was article like "it was pretty good i guess" and everyone lost their shit and started circle jerking it
>>
>>64018763
6/10 should have ended after wolves.
>>
>>64021841
>one of the most memorable verses of rap
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.