[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Home recording thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: thisdudeisrecordingshit.jpg (18 KB, 418x315) Image search: [Google]
thisdudeisrecordingshit.jpg
18 KB, 418x315
I've been trying to record shit but I lack everything except the instruments and my laptop. Have you guys got any tips?
>>
>>63964637
buy stuff
>>
If your ideas are good don't care that much.
Buy a 40-100 dollar mic and and a good amp.
That's all.
>>
File: 1449863747010.png (177 KB, 311x278) Image search: [Google]
1449863747010.png
177 KB, 311x278
>>63964637
instruments and a computer are what you need, what did you buy anon?
>>
>>63964652
what should i buy if i want to record music? (drums, guitar, organ)
>>
need tips also
>i'm trying to record an indie/folk/electronic abum
>Kid A, Hospice but with more acoustic guitar driven songs and less drums

need help with keyboards or digital instruments, and i don't have drums, what would be the best way to include drums ? progamming ? what software shoulid i use ?
i have alredy released and recorded an EP with guitar and digital synths and trumpet
i have an orange amplifier and a zoom Hn4 wich is the best i could afford
>>
>>63964687
I've got 60 bucks with me right now which I was going to use for some headphones, I'm in luck because a friend of mine has two different kinds of mics
>>
>>63964887
Pro Tools is very expensive but it's pretty much the best recording program there is, I believe it has its own drum tracks and you can make your own, a friend of mine studies music production and he got it for free.
>>
File: 1389064506756.gif (618 KB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
1389064506756.gif
618 KB, 300x159
>>63965061
i got used to reaper, which served me fine so far
a friend recommended me EZdrums and SuperiorDrums, anyone have experience with those ?
also, what are the best VSTs for horns, pianos, and strings
>>
>>63964721
Actually, you can use EzDrummer to do Drums with a DAW, it's a very nice VSTi, very real and almost all core bands use it and nobody knows the difference between Real Drum and EzDrummer.
>>
>>63965061
Pro Tools is the same that Cubase or another DAW. The only reason why i use Pro Tools is for Beat Detective, out of that, is the same.
>>
>>63964687
this
record what you got, and if you don't have anything good, write and record until you do, if you're tenacious at it, you'll be great in no time
>>
Don't you need a USB audio interface to mic an amp up to your computer?
>>
>>63965737
You need a red and white cable and a RCA to stereo adapter, I'm missing the latter.
>>
>>63965788
Oh. I was going to purchase an interface that allowed me to plug in a mic or the guitar so the computer could pick up either the guitar or the mic in the DAW, thought I could apply some cool effects to the guitar. But it won't sound authentic like the amp will anyway, so is that a waste of cash? I feel like the recording quality would be a lot better with an interface with proper preamps instead of an RCA cable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.