[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else love this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: PC_Music_logo_vector.svg.png (21 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
PC_Music_logo_vector.svg.png
21 KB, 1024x724
Does anyone else love this?
>>
>>63962851
yeah memes are cool
>>
unironically hyped for gfoty and hannah albums desu
>>
I mean I listen to most my music on a PC so sure
>>
Fun music with an artistic statement.

Might be too far on the hipster scale but it doesn't really bother me
>>
i dont see whats so great about its just a transparent image with the words pc music which from the filename i take is some sort of logo which is kinda unimaginative if you ask me but hey whatever rocks ur boat buddy
>>
it took me a bit to get into GFOTY...
... but it wasn't worth doing so.
>>
>discovered PC Music/SOPHIE in 2013
>gets memed by nonochanel when he spergingly appropriates it by calling it """bubblegum bass""", after droning it from a handful of RYM users
>the term "bubblegum bass" unsurprisingly catches on with a disgusting, reprehensible RYM clique consisting of pronoun-fetishising bottomfeeders, they perpetuates the term
>now clueless adolescents on /mu/ make threads about it

so yeah basically you all need to be liquidated
>>
>>63963105
>implying I didn't independently find PC Music through Maxo and like it regardless of what other retards also like it
fug off m8e
>>
>>63963105
>being this seriousabout something so irrelevant
>>
>>63963105
accurate
>>63963159
also true
>>
>>63963105
kek every time i view a pc music fan's rym profile they're some weird type of tranny
>>
gets boring quick
>>
The artists that have been inspired by PC Music are way better
>>
>>63962851
Far better chord structuring and progression than 90% of the garbage /mu/tards consider "god-tier"

Also a nice change of pace.
>>
>>63963509

oh piss off
there's contrarianism and there's being an abject, attention-seeking sperg
>>
Every song sounds the same for the most part
>>
this music is shit unironically and ironically and in all possible contexts
>>
PC music is taking pop and dance music to more artistic places
>>
>>63963105
It's still a shitty genre no matter how much you analyze it
>>
Honestly don;t see who keeps pushing them
if you check their soundcloud plays. they barely are reaching over 100k
>>
>>63962851
I still don't like it but I like related stuff like artists on the Activia Benz label (Iglooghost/Slugabed/Sega Bodega)
>>
>>63963687
>getting this angry at someone having a different opinion
autism
>>
>>63963841

>making a glaringly baity post without arguing your point
>called out on it
>responds with le autism meme

sad, really : s
>>
>>63963832

But they're all so bland and formulaic? Like, you can literally see how those artists make run-of-the-mill bass tracks and then slightly PC Music-ify them for (relatively) mass market appeal. Shameless scene-hopping, imo
>>
File: 1454455807977.jpg (61 KB, 427x452) Image search: [Google]
1454455807977.jpg
61 KB, 427x452
>>63963960
>they sound similar
>hurr durr that makes it bad
Every fucking alternative rock song is the exact same in production and structure, but you don't see anybody complaining about that. Same with practically any genre. There are consistencies and characteristics. That's why we created genres in the first place: to classify.

>bandwagon meme
Anon when people bandwagon a genre that means one of two things.
1. It's good
2. People like it (there's an audience)
or a combination of both
>>
>>63964404

when I engaged you in the first instance, I'd assumed you had half a mind

You literally couldn't sound any more clueless, lmao
>>
>>63964658
Well thanks for that lack of rebuttal or any contribution of actual substance to the discussion for that matter.

You could just say "I have nothing to comment" instead of becoming so instantly triggered and infantile.
>>
>>63964658
also just to clear up any confusion I am not >>63963908
>>
Bubblegum bass is definitely a fad through and through. The novelty is cool for a minute but gimmicky music like this is bound to age faster than milk. The only song that really stuck with me is maybe "Just Like We Never Said Goodbye".
>>
>>63966366
Fads are not as bad as you make them seem. It only really talks about a genre's longevity, rather than its quality. Having that "now" factor makes it even more vivid personally.
>>
>>63966248

I gave a brief overview of why I don't like AB. You replied with vague, irrelevant, meaningless dross. So yeah, fuck off?
>>
>>63966248
also just to clear up any confusion I am>>63963105

You don't know what you're talking about, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>63966622
If he replied with "vague meaningless dross", then why are you doing the same thing when you wrote >>63964658?
>>
File: love-avril-lavigne.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
love-avril-lavigne.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
>>63966530
Of course, but in this case, bubblegum bass lacks both. I certainly didn't mean to imply fads are inherently bad, but the elements that come with a fad can certainly hurt.

After I got over the admittedly novel ideas of bubblegum bass and started relistening, I quickly realized how obnoxious and bland the genre really is. It's simply top 40 pop with "weird" sound effects to distract you from that fact. Sometimes it's not even that and you get utter nonsense like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9ejw1728w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyX-PRqzV78
>>
>>63966781

read thread
comprehend
understand
stop talk now

>>63966803

Stop saying bubblegum bass, you interminable cunt.
>>
File: 1459484421677.jpg (81 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459484421677.jpg
81 KB, 960x540
>>63966867
Whelp, whatever happened to your argument? Curious!
>>
post-nightcore revival > pee shit music
>>
>>63966867
OK filthy anon. PC Music. How's that?

>>63966910
I would also like to know this.
>>
PC music is actually complete trash. It's souless, it's plastic, and even if that's the way it's supposed to be it's just bland as fuck and not very good
>>
>>63966910

Are you still yet to realise you're the only party not to discuss your opinion on the music? Like, at all? You've resorted to juvenile, humourless baiting. Have you been screened for any number of neurodevelopmental disorders? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>63967000

lol why do you post with a trip
everything you say is so fucking beige and uninteresting
>>
File: smh.gif (2 MB, 271x276) Image search: [Google]
smh.gif
2 MB, 271x276
>>63966622
>You replied with vague, irrelevant, meaningless dross.
Jesus fuck this board is becoming increasingly less tolerable with each post. I engaged in discussion with this >>63964404 and was irredeemably shut down and disregarded void of any form of opinion or rebuttal.

Can we not just have civilized discussions without spewing out the typical buzzwords and writing every reply like there's a stick protruding 8 inches up our rectum?
>>
>>63966366
>>63966530
Yes it's a fad. But then again so was rock and roll. So was hip hop.

Don't get me wrong this shit will not last long because it isn't as GOOD as the above stated genres but writing something off for being a fad is toxic baby-boomer mentality.
>>
>>63967053
Ha! So your "argument" is the following:
>read thread
>comprehend
>understand
>stop talk now

Yet I'm the one who isn't discussing music?

Well, whatever world you live in, pal.
>>
>>63967152

The poster you quoted is just trolling. Either that, or he's lashing out in a spergy rage because he's realised he doesn't possess a critical faculty.

Also I wouldn't consider any of those to be "buzzwords", but w/e
>>
>>63967233

just stop please
>>
What a total waste of nice fucking gets this thread
>>
>>63967305
Oh sorry anon, didn't mean to overload you with logic. Your poor brain must be fried.
>>
>>63967152

Just to clarify: the troll/literal sperg is >>63966910
>>63967233

and other posts but this thread has left me with a headache
>>
>>63967273
Valid. Sounds to me though, as you stated, far too genuinely angered to be the former.

But fuck him. Who here likes them some Danny L Harle?
>>
File: avrillavignerca15_2.jpg (60 KB, 445x602) Image search: [Google]
avrillavignerca15_2.jpg
60 KB, 445x602
>>63967231
Except if you read my other post you'd realize that I wasn't implying that fads were inherently bad. I was using the word "fad" to emphasize how lacking the genre is once you actually think about it, which often happens in a large scale with genres like bubblegum bass that are less fluid and more flawed than an umbrella genre like rock and hip-hop (Which you even implied yourself).
>>
>>63967374

I tried starting a discussion about Activia Benz here: >>63963960

And obviously the thread turned into abject shit afterwards, so thanks /mu/, never change (y)
>>
>>63967374
I'm those two posts and I'm not the person you're referring to from earlier.
>>
>>63967374
The one who sent this thread downhill was >>63964658 anyway
>>
>>63967480
But that's me. It was unequivocally >>63964404, in any case.
>>
>>63967408
good point.

>>63967532
0/10. Cast another line
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.