[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW SWANS ALBUM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: chipboard_grande.jpg (109 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
chipboard_grande.jpg
109 KB, 600x600
Swans announced their *MAYBE* Final album ever.

The Glowing Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_hKb7dSiY

June 17th.
I'm hyped.
>>
File: J45QoWrg.png (132 KB, 680x566) Image search: [Google]
J45QoWrg.png
132 KB, 680x566
>>
A few tour dates have been added too. I'm either going to the Boston or the Providence show. Probably Providence, fuck Boston.

http://younggodrecords.com/pages/tour-dates
>>
>>63960329
http://younggodrecords.com/collections/frontpage/products/the-glowing-man

On here Gira says this isn't the end of Swans, he'll continue releasing music under the Swans name.
>>
Not the last record. Last record with this line-up and this sound. They're switching their sound and musical aspirations after this album.
>>
>>63960329
If this excerpt is anything to go by this is going to be awful. That has to be the most directionless and pointless piece of audio Swans have ever produces, and that's saying a lot. If this is the highlight of the album then lol
>>
>>63960329
> rapist
>>
>>63960683
JARBOE FOR NEXT LINE UP
>>
>>63960329
they said it was the last with this lineup, not last ever
>>
How will Swans' return be remembered in 20 years? A trilogy of epic post/noise-rock released in relatively rapid succession, achieving the most commercial success of their entire career. They established themselves at the forefront of rock in a decade they have no business still even being active in

Definitely the best comeback in music history
>>
>>63960857
lol
>>
>>63960379
im not gonna buy music from itunes anymore if i dont have to
>>
>>63960329
Love these guys forever.

This sounds great.
>>
anybody listen to the gate? i dont want to spoil this album by listening to it, but im curious as to see whether people think this will be a worthy finale to this era of the band
>>
>>63961616

I love the songs Gira describes as "prayers."

They're like Swans slow jams. Cloud of Forgetting is my favorite track on The Gate.

Have you seen this? I think it's just an improv song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2kdrLlz7U

>>63960857
That track isn't my favorite either, but the outro is fantastic. Seeing it performed live was pretty incredible. It was the final song of the set, and at the end of the song they triple their volume and play as loud as possible, then stop and switch to a drone that shakes the entire building, then repeat five or six times increasing the length of the drone, then stopping abruptly after a minute or so of the drone. Somebody puked from the intense lows. It was great. Right after he puked they finished and he started cheering as if he was expecting to vomit at some point during the show.
>>
>tfw bought my tickets as soon as they went on sale
I missed them on their TBK tour and after hearing the Gate I won't make the same mistake. Definitely pre-ordering the deluxe cd and vinyl on my next check.
>>
>>63960893
>JARBOE FOR NEXT LINE UP

Maybe they'd start being good again.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.