[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know these 3 are wonderful artist But which one is truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: which.jpg (99 KB, 816x544) Image search: [Google]
which.jpg
99 KB, 816x544
We all know these 3 are wonderful artist
But which one is truly the best?
>>
Beck > Kendrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grimes
>>
nice trips, shame the post is shite.
>>
>>63955000
Beck > Kendrick > Grimes

I'm a faggot and enjoy Grimes more out of those though.
>>
beck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>63955043
that's because you unconsciously think listening to her is going to give you a chance of fucking her.
>>
>>63955000
Kendrick > Grimes > Beck

Maybe in 10 years, Kendrick is going to be considered as one of the greatest musicians of all time. Beck's good, but not as him.
>>
Kendrick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grimes
>>
>>63955134
But Beck can play like a 100 instruments and his albums have displayed variety. He can go from the melancholy Sea Change, to the party hit Midnite Vultures, to weird folk like Mellow Gold. And let's not forget how good Guero was.
>>
Kendrick is the only one that I see being recognized in the future
>>
>>63955081
Nah I don't even think she's that attractive. I just like her production and songwritting style. It's very reminescent of Kate Bush at times.
>>
>>63955000

Beck. the other two do not compare. next question.
>>
K Dot
>>
>>63955203
Beck has been recognized for 20+ years now. Kendrick only a handful. while both are unique artists, Beck has the edge. not to mention he's a real musician and can play just about every single instrument.
>>
Grimes > Kendrick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beck
>>
>>63955413
>thinks its important that beck can play lots of instruments
>most popular music involves no real instruments
>>
>>63955625
when we're talking about MUSICAL TALENT, yeah, i'd say being able to play instruments is kind of integral aspect to, you know, MUSICIANSHIP. yes, a lot of pop music lacks musical talent, which is why Beck is considered one of the best MUSICIANS around, because, you know, he can play MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and he can play them well.
>>
beck made his bones with out a hypetrain

kendrick and grimes are 99.999999% pure distilled hype

becks morning turd has more talent than either of those other two put together
>>
Beck>Kendrick>Grimes
>>
Beck > Kendrick >>> Grimes

Sucks that becks a scientologist tho
>>
>>63955876
>beck's scientology
indeed. but at least he's not one of those knock on your door crazy types. it's more that the process worked for him and got him out of a bad phase in his life. hey man, whatever works, right?
>>
Grimes=Kendrick>Beck
>>
>>63956019

i like you
>>
>>63955020
this desu imho desu senpai senpai
>>
File: 1460272193985.png (132 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1460272193985.png
132 KB, 500x340
>>63955979

>Literally paying thousands of dollars to be a part of a religion inspired by a SciFi book written by a crook

Why can't he be smarter than that?
>>
>>63955134
>Maybe in 10 years, Kendrick is going to be considered as one of the greatest musicians of all time. Beck's good, but not as him.
Kendrick's a one trick pony. He's really damn good at rap, but that's it. He's not innovative in anything else. Beck pretty much spent the 90's and early 00's reinventing himself and new genres.

That certainly doesn't mean Kendrick isn't great. He's just not on Beck's level.
>>
>>63955497
I don't like any of them, but this response is either bait or pure, unadulterated, delusional faggotry
>>
File: 1457145399410.jpg (190 KB, 1024x1247) Image search: [Google]
1457145399410.jpg
190 KB, 1024x1247
there's only one answer, and it's pic related.
>>
>>63956556

This is quite aesthetically pleasing
>>
>>63956556
That gentleman's hormone treatments are really going quite well.
>>
>>63955497
kill yourself troll
>>
>>63956202
all good artists are at lest a little crazy. Beck's crazy just happens to be Scientology
>>
File: 1460144669821.jpg (405 KB, 1314x1602) Image search: [Google]
1460144669821.jpg
405 KB, 1314x1602
>>63956626

>implying i'm trolling
>thinks that beck is some kind of genius

blow me faggot all beck does is make mediocre rock music

I'd go to a cage the elephant show over beck anyday.
>>
>>63956202
when it comes to religion, intelligence often takes as backseat to other concerns. plus, we're not really privy to how much he has given the church or if he even donates, and as long as he keeps on producing topnotch tunes, we shouldn't even care.

>>63956679
i agree. i actually prefer my artists a little kookoo. i really dislike it when they come off as neighborly. fuck that, David Bowie was from fucking Mars for a while!
>>
>>63955134
> Kendrick
> musicians
>>
File: M.jpg (422 KB, 1388x1768) Image search: [Google]
M.jpg
422 KB, 1388x1768
>>
Beck is certainly the most talented.
Kendrick is ok
Grimes is meh
>>
The only Beck album I can even stand is Morning Phase, and it's one of the best albums I've ever heard.
>>
Beck > Grimes > Kendrick, obviously.

Beck is forever. He is a man of talent, born to be a musician.

Grimes is fine when she doesn't fuck around. Visions was great. Everything else is either personality alone, or Art Angels which is radio pop shit.

Kendrick is a forced meme for black people.
>>
>>63956911
but lememebaldman gave it a 4/10
>>
>beck
>good

jesus what is wrong with you people
>>
>>63956773
>all beck does is make mediocre rock music
so you're admitting you've never listened to Beck, right?

troll verified.
>>
>>63957028
a lot. Beck should be referred to as great, not merely good, and leagues beyond both Grimes and Kendrick.
>>
Lol how is this even a question

Beck>Kendrick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grimes

Also fuck you for giving the waifufags another thread
>>
>>63957059

Maybe I just don't like shitty rock/folk wannabes
>>
I still don't think Kendrick has peaked yet, which kind of makes him really exciting. If he is able to follow up TPAB with another great album, then he will cement himself as one of the greatest popular artists of our times. Beck is really great too, but is a tad bit past his prime. Grimes shouldn't be on this list, as she is not even seriously comparable.

So, as it is right now:

Beck>Kendrick>Grimes
>>
>>63955000
Beck >>>>>>>>> Grimes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kendrick
>>
>>63957152
not debating whether you like Beck or not, just acknowledge he's in every way a better musician than Kendrick and Grimes. shit, i don't dig Mozart but i damn well know he was a fucking genius in his day. plus, calling Beck a "rock/folk wannabe" just shows your ignorance about his music.
>>
>>63956773
>cage the elephant

youre a 14 year old girl. I'm not even gonna argue with you
>>
>>63956917
>>63957255
This
>>
>>63956773
>>63957273
Lol, I haven't seen the words "Cage The Elephant" since around 2012 or whenever they were popular
>>
>>63956789
Exactly! We as a society need mentally unstable artists
>>
Grimes is what happens when you let white girls watch anime
>>
>>63957264

ok lol don't debate me
>>
File: download (3).jpg (4 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4 KB, 186x186
just trying to figure out why this guy isnt in the conversation
>>
>>63957377
gotta give this troll some recognition because theyre starting to annoy people
>>
>>63955000

90s-early00s Beck > Kendrick > Grimes > current Beck
>>
ROOOOOTTTYYYY DOOOOO HOOOO

WE ALL KNEW THEEZ 3 R THE WONDURFUL ARTUSTS
BUT WHITCH ONE ARE THE TRULY BEST LOL BE CAREFUL WHO U PICK OR U MIGHT GET PUMMELED BY PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GRASP THE IDEA THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES THAN OTHERS LOLOL
>>
>>63957537

PS LOL IF EVERYONE WUZ LIKE ME THED HAV THE BEST MUSIKAL TASTES. IM NOT SAYING MOZART IS A GENIUS BUT HE WAS LOL I MEAN I HURD 1 OF HIZ SONGZ IN A MOVIE BUT THAT MEENS I CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION LOLOL 14 YEAR OLD GIRL LOLOL UR OPINION IS INVALID LOL I GO ON MU AND KNOW MUSIK FOR WUTS ITS WORTH
>>
>>63957537
FUCK YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT WHY THE FUCK IS HARRY STYLES NOT IN THIS POST
>>
>>63957537
>>63957623

wow, someone went full retard.
>>
>>63957264

Mozart's dad was a piss poor musician who exploited his son and dragged him around the world to make him money for his alcohol habits. If Mozart did not perform he was beaten, so yeah I guess the genius was forced out of him
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64 KB, 1920x1080
>>63957702

wow, someone doesn't understand parody
>>
>>63957537

MCR > Austin Mahone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shawn Mendes
>>
>>63957775
mate, if that was half as clever as you think it was, i would be laughing along with you. but dumb shit is dumb shit any way you look at it.
>>
>>63957884

thanks m8
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.