[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite band? Favorite contributor to that band? Discovery anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: elephant6-logo.jpg (17 KB, 147x237) Image search: [Google]
elephant6-logo.jpg
17 KB, 147x237
Favorite band?
Favorite contributor to that band?
Discovery anything equally great as it is obscure?
The Same Place when? Any new info? Any interviews? Anything?
Any info on A Place We Have Been To?
Will we ever get a new NMH album?
Will we get more Circulatory System albums?
discuss, rec, be kind. love u guys
>>
NMH are probably the best others such as OTC and of Montreal are pretty good but not up to the standard of NMH.

Elf Power are a bit of an unheard band in the collective Willowy man is a cool tune.

Don't there will be another NMH albu,
>>
>>63954564
yes
>>
>Will we get more Circulatory System albums?

Unfortunately unlikely, given Will's MS.
>>
>>63953140
>The Same Place when?
ugh this makes me sad

Let's spread some appreciation for the B- and C-tier bands. Anyone else love the Gerbils? Great Lakes? Major Organ?
>>
>>63953140
Any love for elf power around here? Never met someone who liked When the Red King Comes as much as I do.
>>
TOP TIER: NMH, Beulah, OTC
GREAT TIER: of Montreal, Gerbils
SOLID: Apples, Elf Power, Chocolate USA, Nana Grizol
MEH: The Minders, Pipes You See, Pipes You Don't, Circulatory System,

WHAT THE FUCK TIER: Bablicon, Major Organ, Mangum's solo recordings
>>
>>63954833
Elf Power is one of those bands where I've only ever listened to one album, and it's WTRKC. I really like it, too, but my strongest E6 phase was over before I checked out their other stuff. What would be a good next Elf Power album fo rme?
>>
>>63954833
My favourite Elf Power release, though i honestly haven't given much else a shot
>>
>>63954900
MEH Circulatory System
WTF Major Organ

I have different opinions >:|
>>
>>63954945
I like Major Organ, but it's definitely a bit "what"
>>
>>63954911
I'd rec their discog in order, so head to we dream in sound next. Though I think you'd probably need to be in an E6 phase to give that much of a shit about them, at least when you're getting into them.
>>
>>63954900
CS and Minders > NG, C USA and EP
>>
File: 1450066344704.jpg (1 MB, 1485x950) Image search: [Google]
1450066344704.jpg
1 MB, 1485x950
I want to do a top100 e6 chart but there's so much material to order or organize
>>
Nana Grizol's probably my fav, I'll be the first to admit they're not as artistic or innovative as a lot of other bands on the label but their music is fun and really meaningful to me. I dig the deeper stuff too but I can only take so much of Julian Koster screaming over a saw at once.
>>
>>63955122
not even e6
>>
>>63955055
>no Hissing Fauna in Second-tier Classics

sounds like someone ain't got no

SOUL POWER
O
U
L

P
O
W
E
R
>>
>>63954900
This

I do like The Minders though, but Beulah is my favorite band of all time.
>>
>>63955231
I've only listened to the first 4 of montreal albums
>>
>>63955191
>Not even E6

Are you joking? Laura Carter is in Nana Grizol and they're signed to Orange Twin.
>>
>>63954980
A dream in sound is cool it gets very flaming lipsy towards they end. Willowy man is the tune though
>>
>>63955339
>Orange Twin
>Arena Rock
>Kindercore
>Royal Flying Rhino
>Hope for the Tape Deck
All really close, but still unfortunately not
>>
>>63953140
>band
Circulatory System
>contributor
Will Hart
>great=obscure
Nana Grizol is a great band not overly obscure tho
>Same Place When?
No Idea. still waiting to hear from Robert or Will about it.
>A Place We Have Been To
I think it comes out this year some time? No idea
>New NMH
No, but the website is hinting at some new related project
>New CS
I hope so but it's very doubtful considering how sick Will is
>>63955578
they are considered part of e6. Laura Carter and the guys from CS run Cloud Recordings which have a bunch of huge e6 names on them (NMH, Jeff Mangums solo work and CS)
IIRC Laura runs the ORange Twin conservation and is considered an e6 member. She was even in Neutral Milk Hotel for a time
>>
>>63955055
Where the fuck is satanic panic in the attic?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.