[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did everyone talk about gore yet? what did you think about it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 8daBjoT.jpg (237 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
8daBjoT.jpg
237 KB, 1425x1425
did everyone talk about gore yet? what did you think about it?
>>
It's their best after SNW 9/10
>>
9.5/10 AOTY
>>
Not as good as white pony but still pretty good.
>>
Listened to it drunk as fuck Friday night. Don't remember much, but it wasn't too bad
>>
>>63952802
Top tier Deftones, miles better than KNY. Guitar sound on Prayers/Triangles is GOAT.
>>
>>63954203
>miles better than KNY
ok there bud
>>
>>63952802
Something about the way they mastered Chino's vocals turns me off from it a bit.
Vocals are tight and on point but their not at the forefront of the tracks. Something that made SNW so good but also very divisive was the mastering of the vocals. Chino's vocals are super clear and super prominent in the mix - but they're also modulated to all hell and back.

I like to think that's why Deftones hasn't done it that way since - I think to think the last few records have been honest attempts to sound more organic and not so over produced.

In any case, really good album!
Anyone got any favorite tracks yet? Title track Gore is probably one of my favorites.
>>
>>63954419
gore is actually the only bad song on the album
>>
Very good. 8/10

Top 10 best AOTYSF
>>
meh/10.

Five shitty songs that take up crucial spots in the album's track list. Not enough big songs either. It turns to mush after a while.

Also snw is clearly one of the most boring albums they've ever made, so it's no wonder why you faggots keep praising it.
>>
KNY was better. Who's with me?
>>
>>63954625
Miles ahead of Gore. KNY was actually cohesive. I now respect Stephen way more than ever thanks to Gore so there's that.
>>
I love Deftones but I haven't bothered to listen to it yet, I don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
>>63954625
No no and no
>>
>>63954762
Idk what's wrong with you either. I've been anticipating this album since the moment we first got that 10 second teaser.
>>
Deftones haven't been good since White Pony....same sounding shit every time.
>>
>>63955872
nigga who's obviously hasn't listened to any of their shit since - they've updated their sound quite a bit since then. They went from angsty nu metal, to angsty nu metal/dream pop hybrid, to whatever the fuck snw was, to heavy dream pop/alternative metal, to whatever mush of a mess gore is.
>>
>>63954203
>better than KnY
What
It's good but you're talking crazy. I'd put it at the same level as Diamond Eyes.
>>
>>63954419
Geometric Headdress and Acid Hologram are beast.
>>
yeah great album, an album that i was genuinely excited to listen to on release
>>
>>63954625
i haven't listened to gore yet but KNY is my favourite album of all time, so i'll probably agree with you
>>
lol @ all the 10/aoty fags
it's even worse than kny, and kny had only few moments
kinda sad there is none nu same caliber bands :(
>>
Best they've done since Diamond Eyes, and that's my favorite of theirs. Miles better than KNY
>>
It's starting to grow on me more and more each time I listen to it. I didn't like acid hologram at first but now I think it's one of the best tracks on the album
>>
File: 1447554698102.png (209 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
1447554698102.png
209 KB, 500x293
>>63954598
mano, you are completlely wrong here so stay quiet and let the adults talk, please
>>
>>63954625
>>63956639
it's my favorite album too but I think Gore, while a completley different and not as good experience, it's an interesting continuation of the soundscape that made (imo) KNY the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>63954419
Phantom Bride easily
>>
when did they start sounding like brand new? i like this a lot.
>>
>>63954419
I really like the songs they've showed before they released their album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBdBfgvfPQ

This one being my favorite.
>>
>>63954625
Me. I don't understand the people who say Gore is way better than KNY. Gore is okay, it has three really good songs and the rest is alright. KNY on the other hand had Swerve City, Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist, Gauze, Entombed, Rosemary and What Happened to You.
Gore is meh.
>>
>>63959069
I don't get it either. Give it two more albums and people will start expressing their appreciation for kny.
>>
>>63959069
Swerve City and Romantic Dreams are some bad examples you got there
What Happened to You has nothing on Rubicon so don't front
>>
>>63959131
>i dont like those so they are objectively bad
>>
File: nicholson nod.gif (864 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nicholson nod.gif
864 KB, 320x240
>>63959069
>mfw gauze
>>
File: 1449699962892.gif (147 KB, 226x216) Image search: [Google]
1449699962892.gif
147 KB, 226x216
>>63959679
those drums, senpai
>>
>>63956364
>Geometric Headress
>Acid Hologram
>beast

Literally retarded
>>
it was fine/10

its not like I expect deftones to blow me away this late into their career, but it's nice to see them bring out consistently decent album after album
>>
>>63960238
This
>>
Does Chino Moreno literally mean brown pants? wtf
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.