[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Earplugs at gigs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
Literally why?

Rather than completely compromise your ability to hear you could just go a bit further back. Does standing a few meters closer to an inaccessible stage really matter that much?
>>
>>63951695
>completely compromise your ability to hear
you don't understand how specialized earplugs work, do you?
>>
>>63951715
All I've ever seen are little yellow pucks of foam/rubber
>>
Why do pussy ass welders wear that mask? They could just look away or squint instead of completely compromising their ability to see.
>>
>>63951695
What's worse are those potheads that smoke week at shows.

I once slapped one in the face as he was lighting up a joint near me. generally I just call security over.
>>
im not sure you understand how distance affects sound and how most venues are built
>>
>>63951838
Same here, I often bump into people with drinks in their hand on purpose too so they spill it. If you can't enjoy a show without being inebriated you shouldn't be there.
>>
>>63951695
>completely compromise your ability to hear
Not with half-decent earplugs at least.

>you could just go a bit further back
1. Potentially shittier sound
2. Can't fucking see the performance
3. Don't get as much physical sensation from the sound
>>
>>63951878
>If you can't enjoy a show without being inebriated you shouldn't be there.
Wow, you're really enforcing that there. Knocking into people with drinks and all.
>>63951838
I've smoked weed at every show I've been to and no one has done jack shit about it.
>>
>>63951808
earplug denies BTFO

Personally I only wear earplugs because I want to keep my hearing in good form, and I used to play in bands weekly, so if I didn't, constant exposure would rek me.

Even at the back of a room, 2-3 hours of loud music (it will be over 100db, trust me) can cause damage. Its the prolonged exposure that does the damage.

If you leave a gig with ringing ears, you're doing it wrong. simple as that.
>>
im going to a Swans show and I want earplugs. are Etymotic ER20s ok? thanks
>>
>>63951695
because all it takes is one show that fucks your ears too much to get irreversible tinnitus and it isn't worth it
>>
>>63951935
>Wow, you're really enforcing that there.
It's my only option because the corrupt venues will sell out the artistic integrity of the artists by selling drinks just so drunken retard chads can take all the girls there
>>
>>63951935
>I've smoked weed at every show I've been to and no one has done jack shit about it.
That's probably because you only go to shows for unintelligent fellow potheads, like hip hop concerts and p4kcore. Shows where nobody cares much about the music and just uses the gathering of people to consume drugs and make themselves stupider

If you had good taste and attended a proper show for intelligent music fans, you'd get thrown out in seconds
>>
>>63951972
If you have chads coming to the same shows as you, then you're probably listening to chad-core bands.
>>
File: Yess.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Yess.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
Have you used earplugs at shows?

I could care less about hearing loss or some shit, but you hear the music more distinctively and each instrument is more clear. That's why the performers have them on too.

Even when I jam with my friends, we usually have earplugs in because it sounds a lot better and clearer with them in. I can dig the rawer sound without the earplugs, but I'd prefer the cleaner sound with them.
>>
>>63952001
Yeah, but no.

Never been to a hip hop or "p4kcore" concert.
>>
>>63952036
I dont wear earplugs at classical concerts, usually because nothing is amplified.

When you start running everything including the drumkit through a PA, shit gets loud,
>>
>>63952067
Bullshit 2bh. You're a pothead and don't consume proper art because you don't know where to find it
>>
Enjoy your tinnitus.
>>
File: EarSonics Earpad.jpg (17 KB, 800x285) Image search: [Google]
EarSonics Earpad.jpg
17 KB, 800x285
Really fucking glad I bought these. Sound is really clear and no more fatigue and ear ringing after concerts.
>>
>>63951838
>generally I just call security over.
hopefully bait but it no
>NNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>63952069
Pretty much, especially if the drumkit is triggered
>>
Learn a lesson from all the aging boomers and Gen Xers with crispy-fried ears. Don't do as they did.
>>
2 ceramic plates clinking together is over 100 db for a split second.

Average concert is over 100 db. 2-3 hours exposure will cause fatigue or damage

Just comes down to if you want to damage your hearing or not. Being up the front is the best anyway, fuck going further back. Take some LSD, put your plugs in and enjoy the show.
>>
>>63952001
Not everyone is a controlling shit like you.

I've been going to a local straightedge venue (this guy's own house) for a month or two now, and they don't care if I smoke or go to shows high.
>>
>>63951878
>hurr durr if people do things when it's not 100% necessary that means they're addicted to it
there is a 100% chance that you'll get the living shit beaten out of you eventually so I'm not even mad.
>>
>>63952348
really? spam here?
>>
>mfw /mu/ is full of straight edge teens

lmao you guys are so fucking gay, people at certain gigs might just kill you
>>
>>63951739
There are plug that only filter the damaging frequencies.
>>
>>63952953
Sorry Mr. Edge but when you grow up and still attend 1-2 shows a week you need to care about this stuff. I didn't care about plugs either when I was 15 and super hardcore all day.
>>
>>63953032
he's talking about the people who spill other people's drinks and call security on potheads
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>tfw haven't been to a concert in years
>tfw last concert I went to was from these because meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPe7L52gvhM
>>
>>63953209
>not attending 4-6 festivals a year
>inb4 muh crows muh prices
Small festivals that is. For not more than 50 bucks.
>>
>>63952953
The only reason they are "straight edge" is because they don't talk to the kids who can get them drugs. And even if they do, they are so butthurt by the apparent fun that the stoners are having, that they refuse to engage in smoking.

Trust me guys. I was literally in the same position. After high school a lot of my friends finally started coming out of their shells. Eventually we all pretty much became stoners. Which led to me meeting people including women. Having sex. Being normal. It will be ok guys.
>>
File: stiahnuť (2).jpg (10 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
stiahnuť (2).jpg
10 KB, 230x219
>>63951968
>going to a Swans show
>wants earplugs
>>
>>63951695
Because I go to shows regularly and I dont want to damage my hearing.
>>
File: i am not ok with this.png (2 KB, 266x185) Image search: [Google]
i am not ok with this.png
2 KB, 266x185
>>63953648
>there are people who think tinnitus is a meme
>>
>>63954678
Every time I saw Swans they had a perfect sound. They usually sound check for an hour or so, so yeah. Not afraid of tinnitus after their shows.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.