[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who should i go see live next week, squarepusher or omar souleyman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: resonate-16---svi.jpg (46 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
resonate-16---svi.jpg
46 KB, 500x644
who should i go see live next week, squarepusher or omar souleyman? the 2 shows are 20 bucks total, but i only got 10 to see one of em.
>>
>>63951016
Souleyman, obviously.
Man's a legend.
>>
>>63951016
OMAR
>>
>Holly Herndon

I remember when everyone jumped on her bandwagon this time last year. Forgotten now.
>>
>>63951640
we saw her redbull lecture
>>
>>63951662
What was in it?
>>
>>63951672
You might like it. But It personally turned me off from her.don't like using this word but it was really "prentitous"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmHQkFo_co and considering shes getting a free ride from standford her stuff is still behind broke ppl like opn,arca,mesh. But Like I said you might find her interesting
>>
>>63951729
zzz stanford kill me
>>
>>63951016
Squarepusher.
>>
>>63951729
2 minutes in, wow, she's already sounding more pretentious than fucking Fatima Al Qadiri.

Which is quite an accomplishment.

>>63951755
>Squarepusher
>over the legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlu1XyPexn8
Kieran might be fucking awful, but he really nailed it in these collabs.
>>
>>63951729
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmHQkFo_co
She's so unbearably [current year], not her music, but as a person.
>>
>>63951640

its just pseudo experimental bullshit music desu
>>
>>63951782
>>Squarepusher
>>over the legend
Squarepusher is much bigger artist, more people would consider him of legendary status than Omar.

Also who the fuck calls an artist awful then says "They really nailed it here."
>>
>>63951640
platform is one of the best records of the '10s and I'm glad that flood of p4k lads washed over
>>
>>63951856
>Also who the fuck calls an artist awful then says "They really nailed it here."
Kieran's usual output is complete shit, but this isn't.

>>63951856
>Squarepusher is much bigger artist
Nah, he's a "literally who".

Apparently his brother is Ceephax Acid Crew, which is interesting.
>>
>>63951916
>Kieran's usual output is complete shit, but this isn't.
So you've listened to enough of an artist you don't even like to call the "usual output" shit?
>>
>>63951815
pretty much people that say people like this are pretentious are just unintelligent.
>>
>>63952305
It's pretentious.
She pretends to be DEEP and INTELLIGENT and EDUCATED, but there's nothing beyond that facade.
>>
>>63952305
define intelligence
>>
>>63951016
I caught one Omar at a festival show a couple of years ago. Super energetic. The crowd loved it despite not knowing who he was.

Sqaurepusher's prolly better if you're into idm stuff.
>>
>>63952324
How is she pretending to be deep and educated?

Seriously, tell me specifically what she says and does that is pretentious? She is talking about really common and currently popular ideas. If they sound pretentious to you it's because you are a dumbass that doesn't know about basic shit.
>>
>>63951016
Go see Squarepusher. And be sure to catch Jan Nemeček, currently the best electronic producer and live performer in SE Europe, he's supporting Squarepusher.
>>
>>63952324
isn't she a doctoral student at stanford?
>>
>>63951815
would be funny if they had to drink red bull at these things
>>
>>63951782
If those first 2 minutes sound pretentious to you, then you might have a problem. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, im being honest, what does she say in there that is pretentious? She just says that she tries to make her music sound actual and not dated that's it.
>>
>>63951815
this is like a chris morris interview
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.