[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag here, these are my favorite albums. How am I doing so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: yoy.png (1 MB, 889x717) Image search: [Google]
yoy.png
1 MB, 889x717
Newfag here, these are my favorite albums. How am I doing so far, and what should I check out to become a truly patrician /mu/tant?
>>
It's so sad that the so called elite, patrician music listeners all listen to the same 100 albums. They're good albums don't get me wrong, but god damn explore some.
>>
new dalek next week
>>
>tfw been on /mu/ for years now and these are still basically my favourites
>>
Pretty bad taste desu.

Check out Old Boots New Dirt
>>
>>63948752
It's because people here listen to what they're told to listen to instead of what they actually enjoy. Try-hards who need to find their own shit before coming here.
>>
>>63948787
i know that feel all too well
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
>>63948721
You're not patrician until you've listened to all "classics" from pic related, but you also need to mainly listen to tunes /mu/ doesn't recognize. There are no shortcuts to patricianhood, but maybe when your there you join our thursday meetings. Is everyone still on btw? Haven't got chance to read the fb-group.
>>
>>63948721
Don't fall for the patrician meme. What genre/style do you like? Asks for recs from albums you really like while also exploring new music. For example you haven't got any jazz or soul or funk.
>>
>>63948787
same
>>
>>63948796
this
then try Ringo Starr - Stop And Smell The Roses and Fishmans- Long Season
>>
>>63948721
Good start, kid. Just keep working through /mu/-core until you really fall in love with a certain genre and then further explore deep into it.
>>
>>63948805
TFW /mu/ has the shittiest taste in electronic music.
>>
>>63948796
Classic album desu
>>
How do I get into The Young Thug?
>>
>>63948805
So many things wrong with this post.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (230 KB, 962x641) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
230 KB, 962x641
>>63948721
1. leave this board NOW. Do something with your life. The ride never ends...
2. don't listen to him>>63948796 (it's a may may)
3. >>63948805 listen to /mu/core. It will give you a good impression of pop music.
4. Now you're ready for patricianhood. Check out classical, EAI, field recording, free improv, onkyo-kei, avant-folk, noise and ambient.
5. Realize you've reached the apex of music and start shitposting.

Good luck senpai!
>>
>>63948814
THIS

The very first ''patriciancore'' chart as pop/rock, hip hop and britpop.

Stop caring about the whole patrician shit and really explore the huge world of music, DGAF what /mu/ says are good/bad genres etc
>>
>>63948868
>being this butthurt over not being accepted into the patrician society
sorry lad
>>
>>63948787
>>63948801
Same, I'm a really slow listener compared to most people here I assume. I also fully understand that patrician vs. pleb is just a meme and if you call yourself patrician unironically you need to kill yourself.

OP, just listen to whatever, discover however and brush off the shitposting. It helps to laugh when someone actually gets worked up about something you like and they don't.
>>
>>63948871
kys
>>
>>63948897
y?
>>
>>63948884
Is that what you really think ''patricianhood'' is? Droning a joke chart of western pop, rock, rap and a couple of token jazz albums because a bunch of kids on 4chan put them on the same chart?

Embarrassing.
>>
>>63948871
>OBND
>a meme

Hello, Reddit!
>>
>>63948905
>the general essentials even covering a tiny percentage of pop music
>buying into the avant-teen meme of superior music

I bet you take Hampus' pyramid as gospel too,
>>
>>63948914
>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
>>
>>63948721
You become patrician by listening to whatever you want.
>>
File: 0001.png (2 MB, 960x792) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
2 MB, 960x792
>>63948962
>>
>>63948935
>the general essentials isn't even covering a tiny percentage of pop music
so what? It covers enough. No need to waste more time.

>>buying into the avant-teen meme of superior music
montie, stop this poseurmeme.

>I bet you take Hampus' pyramid as gospel too,
no, it's cancerous, because it mixes the overthetop and pointless avant-garde genres with the ones that are relevant and enjoyable
>>
>>63948913
I've been cheeky with you all, but - YES I do think that's an important part of being 'patrician.' The albums on that chart aren't only what /mu/ considers good, but they're constantly recited by artists as their inspirations, and almost all of them have changed the progression of a genre more or less. If you want to have discussions with anyone who cares about music, /mu/tant or not, those albums will come up. The next step is defining personal taste, digging deeper into the genres you love. Finding what really fits your ears better than all this music you're spoonfed.
>>
>>63948913
>he hasn't even listened to the /mu/core essentials
ayy fucking lmao, how new are u exactly?
>>
>>63949000
>so what? It covers enough. No need to waste more time.
Apart from you saying to him it did, it gives only a tiny view, thats a narrow way of 'opening up to new music'

>montie, stop this poseurmeme.
Don't insult me with that name and I didn't say all those were bad, I meant they aren't the pinnacle of music
>>
>>63949016
>/mu/ drones
kys

I'd listened to them all years ago, babbys first week in music-core
>>
>>63949003
>The next step is defining personal taste, digging deeper into the genres you love. Finding what really fits your ears better than all this music you're spoonfed.

I agree regards the essentials being a (limited) selection of important albums but without the second part of your post, you are no betterr than a top 40 listener who literally swapped Billboard charts for /mu/ charts.
>>
File: Yummy for my tummy.jpg (689 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Yummy for my tummy.jpg
689 KB, 900x675
>>63949022
ok, I'll apologize. I crossed the line by calling you montie. Do you forgive me?

but
>I meant they aren't the pinnacle of music
that last step was a joke senpai

the op question was
>what should I check out to become a truly patrician /mu/tant?

So I wasn't giving a guide on how to explore pop music, but more like "how to discover more advanced music". In order to understand these more advanced genres you need however a basic knowledge of pop. In my opinion the /mu/core chart does a ok job at that.

>thats a narrow way of 'opening up to new music'
ofcourse. Exploring more pop is usefull and fun, but as I said, /mu/core is an ok shortcut. I just sticked with the op question

<3
>>
>>63949099
>ok, I'll apologize. I crossed the line by calling you montie. Do you forgive me?
Yes but I've never been this hurt on 4chan in my life

>that last step was a joke senpai
Cool

>what should I check out to become a truly patrician /mu/tant?
>So I wasn't giving a guide on how to explore pop music, but more like "how to discover more advanced music". In order to understand these more advanced genres you need however a basic knowledge of pop. In my opinion the /mu/core chart does a ok job at that.
Fair enough

>ofcourse. Exploring more pop is usefull and fun, but as I said, /mu/core is an ok shortcut. I just sticked with the op question
Fair enough

we cool
>>
>>63949130
That was an err, interesting jump in logic.
>>
>>63949158
>we cool
we cool
>>
>>63948962
This
>>
>>63948721
Explore all genres and listen to stuff beyond /mu/core that's still good. Don't try to be obcure, the obscurity will appear along the way.
>>
>all these trolls

OP, the official objectively correct way of becoming a patrician is by only listening to the top 10 albums in each genre as found on Piero Scaruffi website.

All other music is a waste of your time.
>>
>>63948721
what's top right corner and the one to the left of it?
>>
>>63950613
>top right corner
Clarence Clarity - Go now
>the one to the left of it
I dunno
>>
>>63950613
OP here, top right is Clarence Clarity - No Now and the one to it's left is Car Seat Headrest - Nervous Young Man.
>>
File: doors are open.jpg (212 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
doors are open.jpg
212 KB, 500x500
>>63948721
True patricianism is being able to give recs to any taste set

The Bug - Angels & Devils
Tindersticks - s/t
Zs - New Slaves (maybe)
B L A C K I E - True Spirit and Not Giving a Fuck
Floating Points - Elaenia
>>
>>63950774
gib aggrotech and ragga jungle reccs
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.