[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GY!BE vs Swans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: godspeed vs swans.png (442 KB, 802x400) Image search: [Google]
godspeed vs swans.png
442 KB, 802x400
Who is objectively better?
>>
>>63945638
I like the way Swans do post-rock more, the progression of their songs feel less predictable and can be really fucking heavy and dark too.
>>
Swans
>>
>>63945638
Swans
>>
>>63945638
>Objectively

Longest going war of 1st wave vs 2nd wave

My vote is Gy!be
>>
>>63945638
Swans for me to be honest,
>>
>>63945638
Swans
>>
>>63945638
Swans
>>
>>63946244
>>63946270
>>63946299
>>63946353
>>63946374
>>63946377
lmao
>>
Which one of them have Helpless Child or Volcano?
>>
>>63946479
It's alright, Efrim. I still like your shit too.
>>
Silly to compare their careers as they're very different
>>
GY!BE for me, but I'm a big fan of Swans. I like their early no-wave stuff better, though
>>
swans here, too
>>
I like GYBE a lot, but swans discography as a whole just cant be rivaled by GYBE
>>
GY!BE

I fucking hate Swans
>>
>>63945638
Swans is fantastic but honestly GY!BE is on a whole different world for me.
>>
LYSF is the better album, but Swans is the better band
>>
>>63947336
Why do you hate Swans?

>>63947344
I don't know, GY!BE has a really solid discography. they've never released anything under an 8/10. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Swans fan, but that's a hard decision
>>
>>63945638
well it is true Swans have more quality albums, but GY!BE is on a whole other level with everything they've released, especially if you line up their post-rock releases,
>>
i went to see swans once and got kicked out for crawling behind the bar and stealing a bottle of jager. i prefer gybe
>>
>>63947429
gybe gets so boring and predictable .
>>
>>63947489
Why would you do that?

>>63947490
I don't know about that. Asunder took me as a surprise all together. Criminally underrated album imo
>>
>>63947525
i was 18 at the time, i'd had precisely 1 beer and was feeling bold
>>
Is there any band that does post-rock like Swans does it? I'm not talking SFTB because that does have at least some recognizable traits of what people recognize in post-rock music.

But The Seer and To Be Kind, can it even be called post-rock? The only thing it shares in common is the long songs.
>>
>>63947686
what aspects of The Seer and To Be Kind are you looking for?
>>
>>63947727
A lot of people call the current iteration of Swans Post-rock and I don't really see it. I've never heard anything in the post-rock genre that sounds like what swans are doing now
>>
Swans of course

I really don't get what people see in GY!BE to be honest. There's better post-rock bands out there
>>
>>63947739
I would say the seer is post-rock, but to be kind is a bit of a stretch.

You can hear elements of the Seer in Allelujah by GYBE, oxygen is pretty much a straight lift from the Ascension by Glenn Branca. If I had to go to any album that sounds sorta like modern swans, you can try Eating and Sleeping (#15) by Kleg.
>>
>>63947739
Post Rock is a pretty broad term. It's not even really a genre. It just describes music made with rock instruments (which is a stupid term imo) used in ways that are non-traditional to rock music. So anything can be Post-Rock as long as it has those traits.

The term is flawed by it's broadness.
>>
>>63945638
i vote is for the rapist
>>
>>63945638
Swans. Not a matter of opinion.
>>
Oh come on now.
>>
>>63947336
>I fucking hate Swans

B L A
S P H
E M Y
>>
>>63947986
Wrong
>>
>>63947760
Examples please? Just getting into it and love GYBE.
>>
I love them both but if I had to choose it would be GY!BE. They have a more cohesive sound with better direction.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.