[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'VE WATCHED YOU CHANGE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 443x332
I'VE WATCHED YOU CHANGE
>>
I DON'T CARE WHERE JUST FAR
>>
Is Deftones a meme or actually good?
>>
>>63943965
I WANNA WATCH THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
I can remember very vividly the days when I'd walk home from school listening to these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwjnorQcSO8
>>
>>63944234
they get some criticism for being nu metal but they are so much more, pay attemtion to white pony and around the fur
>>
>>63943965
INTO A FLYYYYYYYY
>>
>>63944234
deftones are good pay attention to their early releases
>>
These faggots don't know shit. S/t, diamond eyes and koi no yokan are were its at.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (410 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
410 KB, 1280x1280
SUPERIOR DEFTONES ALBUM COMING THROUGH
>>
>>63944629
Nigga hell no. It goes KNY > DE > WP > ATF > SNF >>>> S/T > Adrenaline > Gore
>>
>>63944789
Do you just hate Gore or are they really that good? because this albums pretty solid so far.
>>
>>63944629
This album is only palatable after exhausting every chino album/guest appearance, then it makes sense. Took me a decade to finally warm up to it.
>>
I used to like them a lot. I'm growing out of guitar oriented rock though. When is the Deftones MTV Unplugged?
>>
Korn>Deftones
>>
>>63944234
yeah white pony and around the fur are basically nu metal albums, but they're different enough to stand on their own.

their later work kinda sounds the same but i might need to give it another shot.

i feel like maybe they were trying to do a mastodon kind of thing, but without being as progressive/technical...?
>>
>>63944841
I only like three songs off of Gore. But I did hype myself up for Gore, maybe it's my own fault. I'll probably like it more after a few more listens just like his it took me some time to appreciate DE
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 430x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 430x286
>>63945148
Yeah man. Their collab with Skrillex was god tier

/s
>>
>>63944789
you have very poor taste sonny.

Around the Fur > White Pony > S/t > Adrenaline > rest
>>
as far as i can tell, they made the only nu metal albums worth listening to.
>>
>>63945341
That's just a meme there's thousands of great nu metal albums
>>
>>63945321
>old ass nigga
>>
>>63944789
White Pony > Saturday Night Wrist > Diamond Eyes > S/T > Koi No Yokan > Gore > Around the Fur > Adrenaline
>>
>>63945390
>not being over deftones by age 18, at which time s/t had been out for a year or so

get gud
>>
>>63945370
are they all around the fur?
>>
For me it's White Pony > Around the Fur > SNW > Diamond Eyes = Gore > KnY > S/T > Adrenaline > (Like) Linus
>>
>>63945321
>Liking their angsty, nu-metal type albums more than the masterpieces that are DE and KNY

Go back to watching attitude era videos grandpa.
>>
>>63945483
>the masterpieces that are DE and KNY
defend thyself. explain why those are superior. track by track, please.
>>
>>63945483
I'm not that guy but I do like Bored, and Minus Blindfold from Adrenaline. Like Linus has some decent songs too, like the really weird song Answers, Venision, Plastic, but it's such a pain in the ass to listen to because of It being a demo tape and all. MX, Mascara, and Be Quiet and Drive are my favorites off of AtF
>>
File: deftonesneedledrop.png (29 KB, 573x316) Image search: [Google]
deftonesneedledrop.png
29 KB, 573x316
ayy
>>
I think I remember him liking KnY a lot which is pretty similar to Gore (elements of more atmospheric stuff a la SNW) so I'm curious to hear his thoughts.
>>
>>63945483

Around The Fur and even Gore is thousands times better than KnY will ever be.
>>
>>63945573
Broad answer - a band that's style has been refined and honed, sharply. The heavy is more nuanced and grooving than the old heavy and the atmospheric shit actually has cohesion as opposed to snw, atf, gore, or adrenaline.
>>
>>63945602
Hoping he gives it a five to kill the hype.
>>
>>63945663
That's really just a question of what you value more in a song. Pure emotion or technique.
>>
>>63945591
I love all those songs when I was a teen and at this age I still do but I still think DE and KNY are their greatest albums.
>>
>>63945591
Speaking of Like Linus, has anyone listened to Answsers? It's such a weird song... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx75JmBFrvk
>>
8 string guitars ruined this band, white pony and s/t are the best albums
>>
i dunno, where i came from it was trendy to hate popular music blindly just because it was popular and listen to lynnard skynnard, pink floyd, led zeppelin, and pantera because they were...authentic.
>>
Boring desu

>>63945602
4 or 8
>>
>>63945734
lol
>>
>>63945663
yeah but cohesion doesn't mean anything if it's all just a blur. that's what i like about their older albums, they have a distinct direction.
>>
>>63945734
I love it. Back when I was getting serious into the band I had that song on repeat for a day or two. They can serious pull off the Reggae vibe.
>>
>>63945836
I agree, it's definitely a weird song, but catchy non the less. The guitar work is pretty awesome, and it flows together really well.
>>
>>63945827
That's the exact same way I feel about the first two albums. Filler, filler everywhere.
>>
>>63945483
>Liking dreampop deftones
I guess this is /mu/ after all.

Deftones have always been aggressive. Its when they mellowed out they went to shit.
>>
>>63943965
Yesterday was eric's birthday, so I mean.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c04I8TpILqg&nohtml5=False
>>
Some of their later stuff sounds like average post rock and post metal. It's ok but I'll always remember them for their old style because that's what made them unique.
>>
>>63945148
This desu. People shit on korn but their early stuff was great. Clown.
>>
>>63945996
>old ass nigga
>>
>>63945996
I been listening to Deftones since White Pony and I love every album but prefer DE and KNY the most because they finally had a good balance of aggressive with that atmospheric tone they always had. They were never pure aggressive, they always had at least one song with that ambient vibe in it.
>>
>>63946039
age brings knowledge and understanding, anon.

I suppose if your first exposure to deftones was their dreampop crap, and that was your kind of music, you would dismiss their earlier works. Understandable. 2 different audiences.

If anything Deftones have been pretty smart about reinventing themselves. They've left my generation, and entered yours
>>
>>63946088
I wouldn't go that far, they lost me with gore, not completely but this album was a solid five. That and I get my aggression from actual metal bands.
>>
>>63944629
Good album desu
>>
File: 1413721968566.jpg (98 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1413721968566.jpg
98 KB, 960x640
>>63945148
Lave
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.