[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there anything out during this time that sounded even remotely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: nine inch nails.jpg (242 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nine inch nails.jpg
242 KB, 500x500
Was there anything out during this time that sounded even remotely similar production wise?
>>
ministry
>>
>>63943905
this

JUST ONE FIX

also you could try Coil or maybe FNM's angel dust (not too similair, but kind of similair)
>>
File: a196f26e7efc0fc9c3890cdc748ce61d.jpg (291 KB, 1168x1188) Image search: [Google]
a196f26e7efc0fc9c3890cdc748ce61d.jpg
291 KB, 1168x1188
>>63943578
Yeah, there was a whole genre... it was called industrial, although Trent Reznor is basically the Kenny G of Industrial
>>
Trent Reznor was heavily influenced by Coil - Horse Rotorvator.
>>
>>63943905
too metal at that time as I recall

but their earlier stuff might be similar to earlier nin
>>
b ujpm
>>
No not really. Of course everyone will say Ministry and Skinny Puppy and every other industrial act of the time but nobody made an album that was even close to TDS as a whole and i love Ministry and Skinny Puppy.
>>
call me a pleb or whatever, but am i the only one who can't stand 90% of industrial that isn't NIN due to how badly mastered and derivative it sounds? please tell me i'm not the only one.
>>
>>63947630
well I don't know what you're listening to or referencing when you say "badly mastered and derivative" sounding but Nine Inch Nails is rock music in the end. There's obviously a huge industrial influence but it isn't the same thing. So it's natural that just because you like NIN doesn't mean you'll like whatever the fuck what am I saying this is the millionth time this discussion has happened now
>>
>>63947889
i fully agree that NIN is poppy rock with some industrial influences at best, but despite refusing the industrial label reznor seems to have done more for the genre than many of its founding fathers, i.e. numan's post 80s work being heavily influenced by the sound of NIN and etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.