[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on Gore? The mix is pretty good imo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: UVE8d0daCCEAN41Pdd4EXf92.jpg (72 KB, 764x768) Image search: [Google]
UVE8d0daCCEAN41Pdd4EXf92.jpg
72 KB, 764x768
What are your thoughts on Gore?

The mix is pretty good imo.
>>
starting now

really good so far

>The mix is pretty good imo.
anything in particular? I usually only notice this when its some psychedelic shit with a ton of cuts etc.
>>
>>63942403
Very good better than Koi No Yokan, proably not as good as Diamond eyes or White Pony but pretty close.
>>
>>63942403
Damn right.. Anon..
your all not fagots..
Shit just keeps getting better.. fan from rhe start..
LONG LIVE THE DEFTONES....
>>
Definitely not as good as kny, de or s/t. Ah, pi, xenon, GH are super meh in crucial spots. This brings the pacing down a ton. Though a lot of anons say its their favorite after snw, which makes me think that they are mostly the same age and that snw was the album that dropped when they were young.

Mankind does seem to have that pesky nostalgia for paradise deal going on. Anyway, I was kind of let down by the album and I now respect Stephen more than I ever did before.

This album is very disjointed and frankly pretty boring. To me there's six good songs and the rest are uninteresting as all hell. I'm also fairly let down by Cantrell's underwhelming guitar solo. It could have been beautiful and iconic, Cantrell's been known to make some standout licks in the past but his solo on PB is pretty subdued and noodly than it should be. That can be the bands fault for not laying down a strong enough of a foundation, it can be Cantrell's fault, or it could be the mix. Either way it turns out pretty boring.

But the songs that are good are pretty damn good.

I'm personally waiting for them to release a few more albums so we can look back at kny and de as the coherent, atmospheric and heavy beasts that they are.
>>
>>63943872
you convinced me

*empties cart*
>>
>>63943872
Fucking this. In a few years KNY and DE are going to be regarded as the best they ever put out. I'm disappointed with Gore, only liked 3 songs but I'm hoping that maybe it'll grow on me.
>>
>>63942403
About to download it and write a RYM review of it
>>
they will never get back to sounding like white pony and im mad
>>
>>63945790
That's a pleb tier answer right there, they made three fire albums that improved their sound/style since then.
>>
>>63943872
You just copied that entire shitpost from the previous gore thread.

Stop please
>>
>>63947149
you got it reversed

the other DUPLICATE thread was made with this one literally on the next page

I tried to delete it later though but it was too late
>>
>>63943872

DE is just a better version of s/t. KNY if pretty mediocre. Swerve City is probably the shittiest opener to a Deftones album ever.
>>
This is great album. I love it more and more with any listening

SNW > GORE > KNY = DE > WP > ATF > S/T > ADRENALINE
>>
>>63942403

It's growing on me after a few listens. Phantom Bride's guitar solo's pretty good to.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.