[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"OMG anon you like Aphex Twin too? ECKS TAL is my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: frog.jpg (41 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
41 KB, 640x586
>"OMG anon you like Aphex Twin too? ECKS TAL is my favorite song ever!"
>>
you've got so many memes richard
>>
>>63942314
Is it pronounced ks-tal or crystal
>>
What do Aphex Twin and BoC have in common?

Both have to compensate for their lack of musical talent by making thousands of meaningless short songs and hoping a few of them turns out to actually be good.
>>
its pronounced stall?
>>
>>63942568
people use "x-" as shorthand for "christ." So you see shit like "x-tian." But I've always thought it was pronounced zattle.
>>
>>63942605
wouldn't it be ztal rather than zattle if the x was pronounced like a z
>>
>likes Aphex Twin

lol
>>
>>63942631
No
>>
>>63942314
Always figured it was crystal because of like drugs or something. Did they have mdma crystals in the early 90s?
>>
>>63942643
>doesn't like Aphex Twin
lol
>>63942433
if you're implying BoC's short vignettes aren't good you can go fuck yourself with a rake tbqh
>>63942658
why
>>
>>63942677
>why
It's not hyphenated so it can't be pronounced z-tal, unless I'm not understanding how you're pronouncing zattle.
>>
>>63942605

That's wrong too. It is pronounced Crystall. Xtal is a really common abbreviation for Crystal.
>>
>>63942677
>doesn't like that I don't like Aphex Twin

lol
>>
>>63942765
Zattle rhymes with battle which is pretty close to crystal. Don't know why you thought I'd be pronouncing "zattle" like Cristal.
>>
>>63942812

What the fuck did I just read?
>>
>/mu/ hates aphex twin now
too much tumblrinas and 12 year old for today
>>
>aphex twin is wayyy too experimental for me
>>
>>63942758
What I'm saying is that the z sound would run directly into the t without any vowel in between
Doing it as you say would be like pronouncing the ts in Tchaikovsky as ta-schaikovsky
>>
fuck I messed that up
*Doing it as you say would be like pronouncing the tch in Tchaikovsky as Ta-chaikovsky
>>
>>63942908
I still like Aphex Twin

SAW 85-92 is overrated as hell though. RDJ album and Drukqs are obviously his best works
>>
>>63942988
But Tchaikovsky is pronounced chaikovsky.
>>
File: CeRuXp4WQAA2FbO.jpg (10 KB, 536x141) Image search: [Google]
CeRuXp4WQAA2FbO.jpg
10 KB, 536x141
>>63943091
Naw dawg it's pronounced "ME ME" fucking newfags these days I swear
>>
>reddit frog
Get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>63943018
>>63943091
So you've been saying tal? I don't think that's exactly a fair comparison since Tchaikovsky isn't going to follow the same grammar as "xtal." I'm just applying a rule that a lot of acronyms get.
>>
>>63943051
t h i s
I've been saying it from the day I first posted on this shithole, SAW 85-92 is good but not top tier. It's too dated compositionally to be his best (though sound-wise the dated aspect of it actually sounds really nice)
>>63943091
The CH sound is just T and SH put together, so imagine them separate. I guess a less confusing example would be separating PF into Pa-f... instead of just having the sound from the P lead into the F
>>63943151
I pronounce it kstal
>>
>>63943175
Agreed on the dated thing. That's my main issue with it. To me, it's like Debut by Bjork. It has some really good tracks on there, but compared to what she achieved later on, it is a bit weaker. SAW 85-92 just doesn't quite live up to the quality of his later work. It's still good overall though
>>
>>63943175
>guess a less confusing example would be separating PF into Pa-f... instead of just having the sound from the P lead into the F
You realize that words like pfeffer just drop the p too right?
>>
>>63943297
It's still slightly more stressed than if it were feffer m8
>>
>>63942314
But anon, X-tal is his best song. I would be impressed if a girl told me that.
>>
File: 1414133639227.jpg (5 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1414133639227.jpg
5 KB, 200x193
>OMG ANON YOU LIKE FANTOMAS????
>I LOVE page 22!!!!
>>
>>63944843
?
>>
>>63944890
>?

why are you confused
>>
That's his best track tho
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.