[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to buy one of these and an MXR Chorus pedal as a gift to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: big-muff-pi.jpg (17 KB, 192x240) Image search: [Google]
big-muff-pi.jpg
17 KB, 192x240
About to buy one of these and an MXR Chorus pedal as a gift to myself.

What sort of pedals do you guys like?
>>
The key to my "sound" is a DigiTech whammy (the old version), Boss ST-2, and Boss DD-7, in that order.
Shoegazey and dense, with some nice subtle (and controllable) chorus from the Whammy's detune effect.
>>
>>63940504
I've had some bad luck with Digitech stuff. How long have you had yours?
Pros and cons?
>>
File: 2891_photo.jpg (94 KB, 604x911) Image search: [Google]
2891_photo.jpg
94 KB, 604x911
All I need is a guitar with 4 strings, at least one pickup, a tube amp, and a big muff
>>
>>63940444
I swear by Earthquaker Devices, their build quality and sound is unlike anything else I've tried. I used to use a big muff but replaced it with an EQD Hoof (go cloven hoof if you live in a higher temperature area. It usues silicon transistors)
>>
Anything and everything delay/echo

Anything else is meh
>>
File: pedals.jpg (595 KB, 1299x728) Image search: [Google]
pedals.jpg
595 KB, 1299x728
The big muff is a must have pedal, still my favorite fuzz circuit.

Right now I have a simple setup. Overdrive, Glitch Delay, and Reverb.
>>
Alter Ego X4
Whammy V
Big Muff
Most overdrives are eh, but definitely needed.
>>
>>63940839
I've been considering switching out my big muff for a hoof as well. How does it perform better?
>>
>>63941091
The hoof has more range, it can be the exact sound of germanium big muff if you like but it can also go more scooped or have sharper highs.
>>
Have fun with your glorious effects. But I advise you to preserve your musical integrity by doing your writing on an unplugged electric guitar. You will thank me later.
>>
>>63941226
>You will thank me later.

Heh, yeah, so will the room mates / wife/ gay lover, whoever it is you share the dwelling with. Experimentation belongs in a lab.
>>
>>63940958
was the Big Sky worth the price?
>>
>>63941226
I actually do my experementing on an acoustic or have a clean electric on headphones through my Tascam dp008.
>>
Anything earthquaker
>>
Keely compressor 4 knob. Mxr phase 90 clipped resistor mod.
>>
>>63940444
Hey little known fact if you ditch the chorus and buy a Deluxe Big Muff you probably won't want another fuzz pedal ever again
>>
Get this -

The Wompler dual fusion
The Zendrive
The Wompler Clark'sdale or AnalogMan King of Tone are the best overdrive pedals unless you're looking to completely change the signal, like for Death Metal, and then the Boss Metalzone is as good as anything else out there.
>>
>>63943130
but what if you want an actual fuzz and not a fuzz/distortion hybrid...which is what the big muff is?
>>
>>63942504
no get ehx cathedral
>>63943130
um... BAT pharoah delux is objectively better
>>
It's really fun to have two of the same phasers in parallel, with slightly different settings, so they go in and out of phase.
>>
>>63940529
I was lucky enough to get the first model from my guitar teacher for 20 bucks, it's hard to find now.
The actual whammy feature (pitch shifting) is very bad and sounds jittery and fake. I use it for the "detune" thing, which is like a chorus that gets heavier if you depress the pedal. When the pedal is up it just gives it a very slight shimmering effect, then when I get into the noisy stuff I can slowly shift it up and down, then the heavy delay will give it a waving sort of glide guitar effect.

I've also got a Digitech TL-2 metal distortion pedal, which I don't use as much as the Boss Powerstack, but still like. Good, crisp distortion, and a variety of different gain and mixes, with two levels of "thickness" (don't know what the technical term would be).
>>
>>63940444

OP, before you drop some coin on a name-brand Muff, check out this awesome Rams Head model by Vick Audio: http://vickaudio.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=53

I own this pedal and can attest to its absolute awesomeness. Also guaranteed to be cheaper than the EH name brand, and has got stellar reviews across the board.
>>
Buffalo FX makes some good shit. I'd kill for their Power Booster overdrive or Evolution distortion.

http://www.buffalo-fx.com/
>>
GEIGER COUNTER
JUDDER
SLICER

BOOM !
>>
delays delays delays delays
fuzz
>>
>>63940504
are you me?... I use the digitech whammy for the same thing and have a DD-7 other than that i just have two distortion pedals for leads. What amp do you use?
>>
>>63940672
Pls dont use the big muff, the three settings all sound the same which is thin af. Stick to a DOD or Boss 1 with no tone.
>>
>>63943366
I really like the Shimmer effect the BigSky has, can you get a similar sound from the Cathedral?
>>
>>63942504
Definitely. I feel like I'll never ever need a reverb pedal ever again. It does everything so well.
>>
>>63945496
GTFO
>>
tuner, Distortion+, Bass Big Muff Nano, Small Clone Chorus (old chasis). Used to have my Flashback in the chain as well but delay started to feel unnecessary
>>
>not using behringer multi fx
>>
Whammy, OD-3, Holy Grail Max is my current set up. I'm looking to get a fuzz, thinking of picking up a swollen pickle. Thoughts?
>>
>>63941226
As long as you aren't learning or practicing unplugged, sure.
>>
>>63948910
easier to hear flaws unplugged m8
>>
Aside a Deepsix compressor/TC tuner/ernie ball wah at the beginning of my chain, I primarily use a RAT and a Swollen Pickle. I love the noise of a Rat and the low frequency enforcement of the pickle. If im combining the two, I usually dial back the fuzz pedal to even out the tinny EQ the RAT causes. For atmosphere I have a DD20 and a Supernatural reverb, both of which I'm looking to upgrade.

Been toying with the idea of getting an HM-2 to experiment with as well
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.