[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this album the album that best embodies the ethos of the millennial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nretw9pJiJ1s9225ao1_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nretw9pJiJ1s9225ao1_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Is this album the album that best embodies the ethos of the millennial generation (People born from 1987-1997) so far?
>>
>>63939703
i fucking hope not
worst album of this decade
>>
File: ss+(2015-02-16+at+12.50.32).jpg (60 KB, 929x924) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-02-16+at+12.50.32).jpg
60 KB, 929x924
2DAGUDDOLDEEEEEEHHHHHHSSSSS
>>
>>63939703
no
>>
File: catonahippo.gif (58 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
catonahippo.gif
58 KB, 300x350
>mfw it's another 21 pilots episode
>>
>>63939703
IF WE COULD TURN BACK TIME

TO THE GOOD DOPE DAYS
>>
I laughed out loud when I heard the story about what the logo means and it just goes to show that this group is a 3deep5me band that appeals to sheltered and angsty teens and early twenty-somethings that don't want to grow up because they can't handle the stress of getting a bullshit degree from university because they were always told that they would grow up to be the next steve jobs
>>
>>63941375
Tell me the story.
>>
File: 1.png (195 KB, 775x300) Image search: [Google]
1.png
195 KB, 775x300
well?
>>
>>63939703
I hate """Alternative""" rock.
>>
>>63939703
This thread will get 100+ posts
>>
>>63941441
From the singer "When someone asks me what the logo means to me, the logo means something to me because I made it mean something to me. That's the point. The point is that I created something that only I understand and whether or not I decide to disclose the meaning of it, that's the beginning of purpose for me."
>>
>>63939703
>Is this album the album that best embodies the ethos of the millennial generation (People born from 1987-1997) so far?
Yes. But it's shit music
>>
For April Fool's Day, I posted "Twenty One Pilots is such a great band" on normiebook. Someone got completely assblasted and started ranting about how quantity sold of albums equates to quality, blah blah blah. So yeah, that's millenials for you.
>>
Will all the music that's popular with millennials go on in history as the classics of the generation or will they be considered jokes?

Also is 21 Pilots even popular with millennials? I feel like it's more popular with fourteen and fifteen year olds, who would have been born in 2001-2002
>>
>>63941964
>Will all the music that's popular with millennials go on in history as the classics of the generation or will they be considered jokes?
Who talks about the Backstreet Boys anymore? And the Spice Girls?
>>
I was chilling at a local coffee shop the other day, doing some of my CS homework. Completely by myself, minding my own. A couple of beard-wearing white dudes sat down a table parallel to mine. You know the kind I'm talking about. Thick rimmed glasses. Timberland boots. Low hanging beanies.

At first they were discussing their Bernie phonebanking schedule. I ignored it at first, and continued concentrating on my studies. However, their conversation got louder and louder, and they eventually started talking about music. Curious, I decided to eavesdrop.

One of them kept rambling on and on about the new Twenty One Pilots album, and how it was a landmark album for our generation. He mentioned how "forward-thinking" it was, and that it was, I'm quoting here, "unlike anything ever released before".
>>
>>63941964
millennial here, i've never seen anyone i know talk about 21 pilots in a positive tone.
>>
are the 21 one pilots the next imagine dragons?
>>
>>63941730
This is the dumbest fucking shit I have ever heard in my life.
>>
>>63942079
3deep5me. They take themselves way too seriously.
>>
>>63942034
>2016
>doing homework
>>
>My name is BLURRYFΛCE, and I care what you think
what did he mean by this?
>>
HE KEEPS DOING IT
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>63942034
This shit makes me hate being a millenial sometimes.
>>
>>63942034
>>63942386
Fuck off le wrong generation fags
>>
>>63942499
Not trying to be wrong generation you fuckhead, I just hate being surrounded by entitled morons always going on about social media and, "zomg this music is zoo deep!"
>>
>>63942556
Well then maybe don't hang out in a fucking coffee shop????
>>
>>63942577
I'm not that anon you fag, I'm some other millenial schmo who hates the millenials that reinforce the stereotype that we're all obnoxious mucus plugs forever dependent on somebody other than themselves.
>>
>>63942634
Ok, but you shitting on them for their music taste makes you no different than them say, shitting on top 40 listeners. You're not superior to them in any way. Music is subjective, if they think 21 pilots are revolutionary, who are you to say otherwise?
>>
panic at the disco (which i don't understand how they became more than a 1 hit wonder) and this band are competing for the worst fucking band, all of my younger friends (and especially their girlfriends) seemingly listen to nothing but this 'alterna-pop' garbage.
>>
>>63942757
If TOP is revolutionary, subways meatball sub revolutionized Italian cuisine
>>
>>63942757
But I wasn't, I haven't even listened to 21 Pilots, I'm commenting more on *how* they're expressing as opposed to *what.* The 20, almost 30 something's are like, "wow, just wow, I can't even, like I can't this literally the most literally best album in literally all time, and if you disagree, you're a fag." Then the younger 16-18 half is like, "woooow, this is soooo good! This is real music, it's so cool like yaaas!" It's aggrivating.
>>
>1987

So what the he'll am I if I was born in 86
>>
>>63943125
>>
I'm a millennial, 19. and in a big college.
They're sort of popular. A good handful of people listen to them but I honestly don't hear about them that much. They show up on the laptops and notebooks of the weird kids nobody talks to.

Vessels is honestly a really good album
Blurryface is hot trash though
>>
File: spider.png (6 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
spider.png
6 KB, 230x230
>>
>>63943084
kek. Sweeping generalizations and stereotypes just prove my point about you being a wrong generation fag.
>>
>>63943125
>1997

So what the he'll am I if I was born in 98
>>
>>63943131
Well not till October and is it normal for someone my age to be into Watkins Tudor Jones
>>
>>63943164
I don't know what makes you the most unbelievable, your use of the word "fag," "kek," or the fact that you are a spider
>>
>>63943164
BOOORIS THE SPIDAHH
>>
>>63943164
You didn't actually read my posts, it seems.
See here >>63942634
The generalizations I mentioned fall under the stereotypes of your average millenial, and the people who reinforce them get my goat because they make me and other millenials seem like raving babies based on when we were born while making them seem true. Don't give a shit otherwise though.
>>
>>63943443
Yeah, so you have a problem with people expressing that they like something. Nice. What does the
>forever dependent on somebody other than themselves
even have to do with that?
>>
>>63943177

yes hes a cool man
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.