[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some albums that convey angst and misanthropy similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: geek the girl.jpg (164 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
geek the girl.jpg
164 KB, 1062x1062
What are some albums that convey angst and misanthropy similar to this?
>>
>>63935973
I need to rephrase that.

*that approach angst and misanthropy in a similar style
>>
>unty
>lisa germano

wow
two of my favourite things in one thread
i don't really have any suggestions tho apart from obviously lisa's other albums, Happiness in particular if you're looking for more angst and misanthropy
>>
>>63935973
kinda seemed a sister album to down colorful hill in a way
>>
>>63936085
I've listened to Happiness and Love Circus and found both rather meek in comparison. Lately I've been compelled to listen to Slide though, so I suppose can revisit those two while I'm at it.

>>63936134
OK. I've been meaning to listen to that, especially after listening to Duster last week, so I'll give Down Colorful Hill a listen as well.
>>
>>63936187
i'd encourage you to give happiness another go, it's not as immediately engaging or as deep in atmosphere as geek the girl is but the themes and the lyrical content are a lot more openly and piercingly disgusted with humanity
>>
File: eureka.jpg (183 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
eureka.jpg
183 KB, 936x936
>>63936455
I'll give it a go.

Have you listened to Euerka? It's not obscure or anything, but the way it rather humorously and satirical communicates its misanthropy may qualify. Geek the Girl is obviously not a satire and is often rather dire, but it has its moments of gentle humor, like in Cancer of Everything, and Stars.
>>
>>63937106
No
>>
D O W N
C O L O R F U L
H I L L
easily my favorite album
>>
>>63937205
This is a pleasant thread with pleasant discussion.

I'm not sure what you dislike about it.
>>
File: 1454738629620.gif (3 MB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1454738629620.gif
3 MB, 720x960
>>63935973
You could try Songs About Leaving by Carissa's Wierd if you haven't heard that yet.
Nothing really matches up to Geek The Girl though. That album is incredible.
>>
>>63937671
Already listened to that, I'm afraid. Used to be one of my favorite albums, before I started lurking here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.