[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think of Jim Morrison/The Doors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Jim_Morrison_1969-1.jpg (194 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
Jim_Morrison_1969-1.jpg
194 KB, 700x900
what does /mu/ think of Jim Morrison/The Doors?
>>
Great, but I like the atmosphere of their songs better than any one specific aspect of them, if that somehow makes sense.
>>
Stop smoking weed bro
>>
>>63933608
Ray's a great keyboardist.
>>
At the end of the day, The Velvet Underground were more important.
At the end of the night, The Doors were more important.
>>
File: Kohina.gif (1 MB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
Kohina.gif
1 MB, 500x408
only made one good song
>>
>>63933678

nice meme
>>
>>63933699

>implying
>>
My lyrics are 2deep4u because I am a drug addict, that's basically Jim Morrison. The Doors are mediocre at best.
>>
BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE LIGHT MY FIRE
>>
>>63933771

and what do YOU like, oh godly one?
>>
>>63933771
>overlooking everything about the doors
/mu/
>>
bumb
>>
The Doors never put out a bad album
>>
>>63934414

>imblying
>>
>>63934414
If you count the post-Morrison albums, they have.
>>
very attractive man
>>
>>63934414
>The Soft Parade
But anyway, they never put out a great album either.
>>
daddy issues-core
>>
>>63934982
>/mu/

Soft Parade is an excellent album, it was more experimental for the time. The actual song "The Soft Parade" is one of the best songs of the time, though that is just opinion, but I honestly think that album is so underrated. It's full of hits.

The fact that two of their albums are in the top 50 albums list makes your opinion very wrong. Both LA Woman and The Doors are both highly regarded albums. The doors introducing a heavy hitting blues sound, and LA Woman was as heavy as blues rock gets.
>>
The Doors were a ground-breaking band like so many in their time. Classic. Tho I rarely listen to them anymore, when I do I appreciate their brilliance all over again. 20, 30 & 40 somethings would do well to purposefully expose themselves to the many bands of that era, as they would expose their elders to newer music.
>>
>>63933608
Universal shamanic music. Extremely creative rythmically. A definite game changer in terms of songwriting in general.
>>
>>63934982
>They never put out a great album
>The Doors
>Strange Days
>LA Woman
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.