[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Before listening: "I want to hear an interesting take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 1000x1000
>Before listening: "I want to hear an interesting take on race relations"
>After: "That wasn't clever"
>>
>>63929423
Why did you post this?
>>
>>63929423
Give an example of what you think the take should've been.
>>
The album wasn't mainly even about race relations you pleb
>>
>>63929423
>Before listening: "I want to hear an interesting take on race relations without putting any thought or depth into analyzing his lyrics"
>After: "That wasn't clever"

FIFY
>>
I'm getting a little annoyed of people only listening to this for its race message. The reason it's my (and many other's) album of the year, is because of the internal conflict. Obviously, considering his background, there's going to be songs like The Blacker The Berry and Complexion, but with the former, if you just think of it as a "kill whitey" song, you literally just need to go back to the third grade and learn reading comprehension. It's about survivor's guilt, not race politics.
>>
WE
>>
>>63929576
WUZ
>>
>>63929590
ALRIGHT
>>
>>63929477

Honestly. As a black man, I feel like Gambino's more cleverly discussed race relations than Kendrick.

"You're not not racist cause the wire's in your Netflix queue."

"We all look the same to the cops, ain't that good enough."

Complexion is so dull because any "woke" black person been loving darkskins and lightskins and redbones, w/e.

"i" has him literally talking down to a black audience.

Kendrick's good and does good work- he's no hopsin. But TPAB's acclaim is white ppl's (read critics) way of proving they "get it".
>>
>>63929561
>>63929517
Fucking this. I'm tired of only seeing this album being discussed because of its political and social themes. You don't agree with them? Good for you. But ffs there are more themes in this album, that's what makes it so interesting.
This is why it's always dangerous to include political topics in an album. Every stupid fuck and their dog has a political opinion and as soon as they hear something about politics they jump on it cause it's the only shit they know.
>>
>>63929423
>Before listening: "I want to hear what this album has to say about something I want addressed; without any consideration if that is what the album is in fact about"
>After: "That album sucked for not addressing what i wanted to addres"
>>
>>63929694
made me reply
>>
>>63929694
>I feel like Gambino's more cleverly discussed race relations than Kendrick.
Should have stopped reading right there but...

>"You're not not racist cause the wire's in your Netflix queue."
>"We all look the same to the cops, ain't that good enough."
Tell me exactly how that's in any way clever, because both points had been made countless times in far more intelligent ways before Donald got to them

>Complexion is so dull because any "woke" black person been loving darkskins and lightskins and redbones, w/e.
You sound pretty out of touch, most people aren't """woke""" like you

>"i" has him literally talking down to a black audience.
It's better than pandering like Gambino, and he actually makes points in a creative and original way

>TPAB's acclaim is white ppl's (read critics) way of proving they "get it".
when will le "it sucks because I say it does and anyone who disagrees is lying" meme finally die?
>>
>>63929561
In that regard, GKMC did it so much better
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.