[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so great about this album? I just listened too it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Pinkerton_cover.jpg (14 KB, 307x300) Image search: [Google]
Pinkerton_cover.jpg
14 KB, 307x300
What's so great about this album?

I just listened too it and it seemed really generic.
>>
Like many acclaimed albums it takes a few listens to get it
>>
>>63928714
the lyrics are relatable to the pathetic nerds that frequent this board
>>
>>63928733
>Pinkerton
>críticas acclaimed

you were born las decade right?
>>
teenagers who just broke up think it's genius
people who haven't gotten past breaking up as a teenager think it's genius
but in reality it's a bland power pop album
>>
>>63928763
>critical

fixed. fuck portuguese keyboard
>>
>>63928763
Are you missing some letters on your keyboard?
>>
>>63928748
lol this. This place is a shambles.
>>
>>63928714
Congratulations, you're able to see it for what it really is
>>
It symbolises the birth of that "generic" sound that you're talking about so that's why it's that much acclaimed.
>>
>>63928748

This board can relate to a successful rich Ivy League student complaining that he's having too much casual sex with hot girls?
>>
>>63928774
>things I don't like are bland
That album is anything but bland m8.
>>
>>63928763
Fucking retard spic cant type for shit
>>
it's very good when you're a teenager, or when you miss being a teenager

it's a candid look into Rivers' life after becoming a star. he was always a scrawny virgin nerd, but now he's a rock star and is having trouble coming to terms with that.
i think a lot of people like it because of its brutal honesty. some of the stuff he says on pinkerton is pretty fucking pathetic, and i think a lot of people identify with that

musically it's whatever
>>
File: Jolly Portuguese Man.jpg (20 KB, 242x471) Image search: [Google]
Jolly Portuguese Man.jpg
20 KB, 242x471
>>63928763
>críticas acclaimed
>las decade right
>>
>>63928748
>>63928748
>>63928748
>>63928748
>>63928748
>>
>>63929316
Musically, it's miles ahead of any other power pop. Take the instrumental transition in Across The Sea for example. The modulations are clearly informed by classical music theory.
Aside from that, they are really great, rocking tunes.
>>
>>63929697
>miles ahead of any other power pop
>any other

>weezer is better than big star, cheap trick, the list goes on
>>
>>63929234
> anything but not bland m8.

fixed
>>
>>63928748
>>63928763
you guys sure are diots
>>
>>63929697
There are some clever transitions there, true. But the rest is not "great, rocking tunes". The rest is a band trying to squeeze a song out of themselves.

Blue Album has incomparably better tunes, period.
>>
But the drums on this album sound great right? I think that.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.