[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CONSCIOUS RAP THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
post similar artists
>>
>>63928510
does that album cover show the ideals of nigger heaven versus nigger hell?
>>
>>63928862
find out for yourself. Might gain a bit of introspection on the non banger songs.
>>
Serious question, what does conscious rap even mean?
>>
Deep Puddle Dynamics greatest of all time
>>
>>63928897
Sorry, I don't listen to nigger noise.
>>
>>63928917
"Conscious rap is a sub-genre of hip-hop that focuses on creating awareness and imparting knowledge."
>>
>>63928959
You radiate intelligence
>>
>>63928510
>>63928862
>>63928897
>>63928917
>>63928957
>>63928959
>>63929038
FUCK THIS SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I've always appreciated the efforts and sentiments of "conscious rap" but I've never heard it executed in a way that wasn't 100% corny, other than Gangstarr and their affliates. Wu Tang did "conscious rap" very well because they would slip the "consciousness" into songs without making the whole song about that, strengthening the impact of that line even more IMO (Ghostface did this all the time). Kendrick does it fairly well, but even K. Dot falls victim to "conscious corniness" from time to time. But this new wave of conscious rap sounds like rappers are just rehashing angry SJW tweets and hashtags rather than actually saying something worthwhile, something that will speak to all generations. Either that, or they mirror the pseudo-spiritual psalms of the beast coast movement, which is just as corny, if not more so (talking about indigoism, third-eyes, illuminati, blah blah etc.)
>>
BEAST COAST
3RD EYE VISION
STAY WOKE
INDIGO CHILDREN
>>
>>63930653
It can be corny but so is anything when you strip the music off and focus solely on the music. Take Fleet Foxes and Father John Misty for example. They're both great
>>
>>63929971
radiate my cock in your ass
>>
>>63928510
Underachievers are literally the worst hip hop duo ever. Rae Sremmurd laugh at these guys, fucking Kriss Kross laugh at these guys. They let down the whole Beast Coast movement, because FBZ, Pro Era and A$AP are actually pretty solid.
>>
>>63928510
Listen to Hopsin and "stay woke", you 12 year old fucktard
>>
File: Screenshot_20160408-001321.png (543 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160408-001321.png
543 KB, 720x1280
Vince staples i think is the best at doing both "conscious" and "gangster" rap because hes a conscious gangster who raps. None of of his shit sounds forced or corny.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.