[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: dfw8.png (443 KB, 391x649) Image search: [Google]
dfw8.png
443 KB, 391x649
I like:

Liars
Can
Deerhunter
This Heat
HEALTH
Velvet Underground
LCD Soundsystem
Faust
Xiu Xiu
Funkadelic

In no particular order.

What bands do you like?
>>
techno interests me.
>>
I like bands that you don't like
>>
>>63927490
I don't like bands; just memes
>>
>>63927490
I like all of those bands and I also like other bands
>>
>>63927546
Pleb
>>
I like some of the band's you like but not others.
>>
i listen to bands no one else listens while i jerk myself off while choking myself.
>>
>>63927490
Welcome to /mu/. We hope you'll enjoy your stay.
>>
I don't like all the band's you like but that is okay because we are different people.
>>
>>63927490
>Liars
My man.
>>
>>63927490
Such poseur-core interests. You like relatively obscure moden bands and phych/experimental older bands.

Such unique interests. You'll fit right in with this lot of plebs. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>63927963
bullying is wrong
>>
I have shit taste but I still like it.

Metallica
Iron Maiden
Justice
Black Sabbath
Some linkin park songs I guess

Can someone help me finding other shit to listen to?
>>
>>63927736
Such a lovely place... Such a lovely place...
>>
File: image.jpg (481 KB, 975x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
481 KB, 975x1600
>>63928477
You seem to like metal.

You should try going through this chart.
>>
>>63928477
I don't get the appeal of metal. Can someone explain it to me?

It just all sounds like sanitized edginess to me.
>>
>>63928477
stoner rock/sludge/doom metal would probably be in your interests. other than that I would say lurk and check out the sticky and you are bound to find shit you like

Mastodon
Electric Wizard
Boris
Melvins
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1500x1500
>>63928575
Listen to this, and then come back and tell me if its "Sanitized."

People generally like metal because of how intense, violent, and complex the music is, but I can easily why someone wouldn't like it.
>>
Hey I just finished reading The Broom of the System..DFW was a cool gay
>>
>>63928765
So I'm listening to this right now.

I mean, I just don't see why people think this is intense. It's like, I'll just listen to noise rock which seems easily harsher than any of this.

Like compare this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4dgDP_1mYs&nohtml5=False
to what you just posted. It seems so much more crazy and harsh. I mean Sister Ray by the VU even is way harder than any metal I've heard. Yeah metal has satanic lyrics sometimes and people grumbling but it just all seems like really calculated. There's no chaos to any metal I've heard.

I don't know, maybe I'm being unfair. I didn't hate what you posted but I'm just not going to listen to it regularly because it just doesn't feel like anything interesting.
>>
>>63929062
Yeah Les Rallizes Denudes were really heavy, but like you said metal is much more calculated. It's not just over the top loud noise like Merzbow or something.

People like because it's designed to be chaotic, while something like Tokyo anal dynamite is just harsh noise, no real design or structure.
>>
>>63929387
But the design, no offense here, also seems really simple.

Like, Not that melding the chaotic and the designed isn't interesting, I just don't buy any metal as chaotic. I mean I don't even understand what people mean when they call heavy metal "harsh". Could you link some really hard metal that you consider too harsh for normal people?

I just have never seen metal as either complex or chaotic. Just constructed to look like chaos in a really blatant and simple way.
>>
>>63929062
Listen to Grindcore.
>>
>>63929489
>the design is really simple

Eh, that's debatable. I mean it's not the most complex thing ever. but people say that Radiohead has really complex design and I would say that if Radiohead has it, then Gorguts has it.

>harsh for normal people

I once played a song from that album in front of a group of normal people. And let's just say they reacted 'poorly.'

Most normal people I know think stuff like megadeth and Metallica are really "harsh."

If you want to hear some harsher metal you should probably check out Darkthrone or Earth, neither of those are as harsh as Les Rallizes Denudes, but you might like them.

If you want to hear complex metal you should check out some progressive metal like Opeth. (I personally don't like them though.) or something like Ved Buens Ende-written in waters (which I love.)

In general I don't it's fair to call metal "harsh," or compare it to noise.
>>
File: image.jpg (226 KB, 622x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226 KB, 622x631
>>63929794
Oh yeah that's a good point.

>>63929489
You should also try naked city-torture garden, if you want something really harsh.
>>
File: 1449061102557.jpg (120 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
1449061102557.jpg
120 KB, 716x768
>>63927546
What a pleb.
>>
>>63927490
I don't like music.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.