[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/skrillex/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_uAwp5Rx3.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4L_uAwp5Rx3.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
what does /mu/ think of him? He first appeared right in the peak of me LE ROCK MUSIC IS REAL MUSIC phase so I naturally despised him but now i cant help but I ironically enjoy the song Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites and im wondering if he is good or just a 2012 meme
>>
good. people trash him but he's a legitimately talented producer who makes detailed tracks in a variety of electronic genres.

i mean, shit, listen to the instrumental for "sorry" by justin bieber. you can hate bieber but that shit is innovative. anyway, yes. he's good. maybe not everyone's taste, and his album wasn't that great aside from doompy poomp and the chance the rapper bit, but he IS good and solidly getting better over time i think
>>
I don't like him nearly as much ad I did back in 2010, but that was 2010, I was 6 years younger.
His stuff is still pretty cool, he's a talented producer
>>
Oh yeah. Skrillex was a thing.
>>
YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

Oh shit wrong board

He's a legitimately good act tho when electronic is saturated with Guetta and Flo Rida trash it's a breath of fresh air when he popularized dubstep which is good for its time in 2009-2012
>>
Saw him right before he released Recess and he played like every track from it as a new track. It was hype as hell, great visuals, fun and packed audience that was really into it. He's not a genius but his music is fun, which can mean it's shit if you're not into that
>>
Story time senpai

Hey kid, I remember before dubstep was first taking off. *Puts on hipster glasses*

I remember being in high school and smokin mad doobies and listening to any and all dubstep. It was amazing and different at the time and there was nothing else like it and it did funny things to your head when ur am stoned.

The hipster in me died a little when it got all mainstream and ruined. It was this small niche thing that I shared with my stoner buddies and then Skrillex came out and then it was in every movie trailer and then I couldn't get away from it and I hated it. It got ruined for me because I couldn't get away from it and LE MAINSTREEEEM.

----

In all seriousness the skrills has got some skills. I think he's a great producer but that's pretty much me also being a pseudo producer myself and recognizing what he does. Can't really listen to him much any more but I don't absolutely hate it either. Just wish the dubs didn't turn into the bros and it died a long hard death and it was sad to watch.
>>
>>63927996
>dubstep
>dead
lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEsr46CJo1w
>>
>>63928183
I think this did the opposite of what you thought it would do
>>
>>63928342
Nah, the entire album is massive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ4bok2GFpE
>>
>>63926509
I met him last year.
I had a Mike Patton T-shirt of Mondo Cane's Album and he asked me with his funny little accent "What's your favorite patton"? I said Mr. Bungle and Mondo Cane.
He said Fantomas.
SSSSSWEET Guy, actually.
>>
>>63926657
>2010
>6 years ago
FUCKKKK. I didn't ask for those feels senpai....
>>
breaking a sweat and where are u now are legitimate tunes
>>
complete shit but i dont have to listen to it so i dont really care anyway
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.