[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Pink Floyd album? Why and what tracks make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-04-09_15.04.20.jpg (132 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-09_15.04.20.jpg
132 KB, 1080x1080
What's the best Pink Floyd album? Why and what tracks make the best? Go ;)
>>
meddle
>>
this is gonna end well
>>
>>63924810
Pipers at the gates of dawn
>>
>>63924823
Support your answer!
>>
replace Darkside with Meddle and The Wall with Piper
>>
Ive always been fond of atom heart mother the most, i dont get why they regret recording it
"If" was a more genuine and heartfelt song than the entirety of the wall put together
>>
Dogs
>>
Wish You Were Here
All of it makes it the best
>>
>>63924823

This.
>>
atom heart mother

Plebs
>>
>>63924955
The emotion of the album is palpable.
>>
>>63924810
just going to assume this is bait but meddle
>>
Piper
Meddle
Animals
Wall
Dsotm
Wywh
Saucer
Final cut
Whatever is left
>>
>people rate meddle so highly when it has seamus and san tropez shitting the bed
Good songs but not one of their most cohesive or overall best
>>
Their best is either Wish You Were Here or Animals. In fact, other than Piper, these are also the only good Pink Floyd albums.
>>
meddle > atom heart mother > animals > the wall > dsotm > saucerful > obscured by clouds > piper > wywh > more > ummagumma > final cut > division bell > amlor > endless river
>>
Why is /mu/ so contrarian when it comes to pink floyd? People can discuss beatles albums pretty fairly here but every pink floyd thread is the same pissing contest
>>
>>63925282
Because DSoTM and The Wall are not good albums.
>>
>>63925318
I agree with the wall but dsotm is good
I havent listened to pink floyd actively since i was about 17 but to outright call dsotm shit is fucking crazy and its purely just because of how commercial it is
>>
>>63925361
I didn't say it was shit, I just said it wasn't good. And it's not, especially compared to their other albums and the albums of other prog artists. The concept is weak, the songs are dull, and the fact that it's literally Reddt: The Album doesn't help either.
>>
The Wall is a bad album, but has some of Pink Floyd's best songs and motifs.
>>
>>63925398
>and the fact that it's literally Reddt: The Album doesn't help either

you sound like you use music as a fashion accessory
>>
>>63925398
literally Reddt: The Album

jesus christ i hate what this board has become
>>
>>63924810
Piper>WYWH>Atom Heart Mother>DSOTM>Ummagumma>A Saucerful of Secrets>Animals>Meddle>The Wall>The Division Bell
never listened to the rest.
>>
>>63925565
>>63925610
>>>/r/music
>>
Wish You Were Here in its entirety
>>
>>63925626
if this board was full of people like you r/music would be ten times better than /mu/
>>
This topic should honestly be banned, these threads always turn into a real shit show.
>>
File: Trump-The-Wall-CD.png (772 KB, 706x713) Image search: [Google]
Trump-The-Wall-CD.png
772 KB, 706x713
>>63924810

Listened to Floyd for around 30 years now and have come to the conclusion that I don't really have a favorite, just depends on the mood, though my most listened to albums are probably Atom-Heart, Animals, Pompeii and parts of Ummagumma etc.

WYWH and DSOTM are probably some of the least listened to, not because I think they're bad, just overplayed, also I don't get the hate for The Wall
>>
>>63925720
Kek. The best part is I haven't even done anything wrong. You just chose to ignore my serious qualms about "le greatest album ever" and instead chose to focus on a joke I threw in there. And there is no scenario in which r/music would ever be better than /mu/.
>>
We all know that The Dark Side is objectively "the best" due to themes, harmony, and sound engineering...
We also know that we can't evaluate musical performances, because is a subjective field. I consider Meddle as my favourite, probably because of the balance between the different parts.
By the way I consider Floyd as one of my favorite band, and every album as unique and incomparable with the other
>>
Animals
I just like the lyrics and Gilmour and Wrights playing
Also Pigs on the Wing is an amazing opener
>>
My sincere ratings:

The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn-9/10
A Saucerful of Secrets-8/10
More-6/10
Ummagumma-7/10
Atom Heart Mother-6/10
Meddle-8/10
Obscured By Clouds-5/10
The Dark Side Of The Moon-9/10
Wish You Were Here-8/10
Animals-5/10
The Wall-7/10
The Final Cut-4/10
A Momentary Lapse Of Reason-4/10
The Division Bell-3/10
>>
>>63925282
It's pretty much because Pink Floyd has some incredibly popular albums, and some more obscure ones.

It's pretty much easy patrician points to like the (relatively) obscure albums while hating on the popular ones.

Only when those people like music more than they like jerking off on their taste will they see that they're missing out on a great album just a few millions of people have already bought it.
>>
>>63926430
just because*
forgot a word
>>
>>63925398
what? what a shame reading this people who compare music to memes
>>
Animals is by far the best PF album.
>>
>>63925398
I don't think the songs are dull. Breathe is very nice, Time is fantastic; I love the guitar solo, it's very evocative. Great Gig in the Sky has a gimmick but it's a really well-done gimmick, and it doesn't outlast its welcome. Us and Them has very enoyable lyrics and I'm a sucker for the crescendos.
>>
>>63926842
I think Brain Damage leading into Eclipse is fantastic too. Really the entire album flows so well, except for Money.
>>
The final cut. All of the tracks on that album send chills down my spine.
>>
>>63924823
This
>>
>>63924810
wish you were here is perfect desu
>>
>>63924823
>>63924847
>>63924996
These

OP, you dun goofed.
>>
daily reminder that piper is 4/10 at best
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.